Thread: Daiwa Sealine Bull

Daiwa Sealine Bull

Hi all was after any comments on the Daiwa Sealine Bull spin reel was wondering if any ones used one or has heard any good bad comments on them

I'm thinking of getting this reel as a cheap upgrade ($200) from the tss4 which needs retiment after the braid wore a sharp groove in the line roller that cuts line under pressure and i'm getting sick of the lack of anti reverse and the way it lays braid on the spool

It sounds good said to have 15kg of drag I'm not doubting that's possible just sounds to good for $200
    has the same ratio as TSS4 but a bit heavier about 300gr

Any comments/opinions appreciated

Thanks Shane

Re: Daiwa Sealine Bull

if you are using it for spinning and casting live bait i would look for a different reel it is to heavy i recon.
    but except for that i haven't heard anything bad yet but they haven't been out long either
    cheers BK

yeah thats what i'd be using it for i thought the same as well at nearly a Kilo it would be like spinning with a 6500 bait runner

Cheers Shane

Seemed too heavy to me also. Found a Stradic 8000fh for $230 which will do me.

G'day mate!

If you mean the Opus Bull 6000 it is too heavy for prolonged spinning sessions. Have fished it on a 12ft jewie spin rod but have gone to a Baitrunner 6500B.

There is also a design fault that means that without care, the line catches, doesn't make it to the roller and slowly cuts a groove into your bail arm.

Regards, Rob.
    Ballina.

thanks for the comments guys yeah i think the stradic would be allright diabolical was that the new or old model

rob the sealine is replacing the opus as far as i know

thanks again Shane

Old model FH 8000- may find some still about , starting to become a rare item. Hard to argue with the price.

5.7:1 , 570g , 5 bearings , 12lb/325yds , New model FI rated at 29lbs drag not shure about the older FH model

FH8000=$230

FI8000=$330
    Last edited by diabolical; 30-03-2008 at 11:54 AM.