Thread: Lake Maroon

Lake Maroon

Has anyone fished maroon latley, thinnking of giving it a go soon.

Re: Lake Maroon

mate the minibucks shootout was on not long ago and they did really well on jackalls and plstics to the edges,it is pretty high now so it is all new ground to explore ,the weed and grass should have rotted completely now so it will be interesting on how you go,i have done well also with gulps and beetle spins

Fishing has been very good despite a surface weed which depending on which way the wind blows, means no fishing towards that bank.

As already mentioned there is plenty of water, which means lots of new ground to fish.

I have found spinnerbaits to be the best. You can work them more slowly than most lures and over new ground this has been an advantage. TT Vortex Spinnerbaits in purple or somerset gold have been best (3/8oz or 1/2oz). Surface fishing over the new ground has also been worth a try in the evenings and mornings.

Jungy

i regularly fish maroon,1/8 spinnerbait in darker colors and small poppers work very well in the mornings on the edges,particularly at the bank straight across from the boat ramp.caught some yellowbelly in the timber on unweighted ecogear pink grub plastics last trip.also had good results trolling later in the day with 1/2 oz bassman 4x4 spinnerbaits-purple color-trolled very slowly through the middle of the dam,also mask vib jackalls were very productive.