Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Awoonga " No barra there mate!"

Re: Awoonga " No barra there mate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Gidday Nagg

Only just caught up with all the action after a week or so away from the 'puter.

Fantastic trip mate. Even your Monduran trip must have been special in preparing you for such a different fishery as Awoonga presents. Also pays to keep an open mind to new techniques/styles/presentations which you obviously did. We never stop learning eh.

And good onya Trev for putting the boys onto quality numbers of fish. Don't blame them for kicking you out of the boat though

Well done guys

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul ...... Yeh this was a special trip ( All Qld barra trips are special for me ) ..... Awoonga was great as its such a different fishery to other impoundments where we predominately fish the sticks! ...... A big learning curve & we came away with the good oil! ...... Now , how do I get back there soon ?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_08 View Post
    Yes Great read Nagg, I've lived in Gladstone my whole life and I've only just realised how lucky I am to have such an amazing fishery so close and start to work towards taking advantage of it. I'm yet to do much casting there as I'm limited to going with a mate at the moment (no boat) who is a trolling fanatic ( I hate it) and also one for not changing his ways. So stories like these serve well to keep me reading and learning until I get my boat in the next couple of months. Also the fishing dvd #6 has Starlo and Jason Wilhelm again, this time fishing squidgies at awoonga in the middle of winter sometime.
    Great to see members of the forum working together to help other members make the most of their trips.

Look forward to the next one
    cheers Tim

by the way I bought both the dvds straight off the shelf at our bcf so you may get lucky if you go and have a look.
    Yeh Tim .... I've got both the DVDs
    Trolling ...... something you do moving between spots while making lunch! .... Too mind numbing for me.
    You're a lucky bugger having Awoonga on your door steps ..... Maybe you can give us the lowdown on the estuary fishing in & around Gladstone ( looks like we'll mix some salt with Awoonga next Sept) .

Well what can I say about Trev ( Awoonga) .... A legend of a bloke

Cheers

Nagg

Yeah Trev certainly seems like a top bloke who really knows his stuff. I'm planning to do quite alot of estuary fishing around the area in the next few months so yeah hopefully I'll have some sort of an idea by September.

Just a heads up here, wait til FDVD#11 comes out (ten has just been released) due out end of May. Fly segment in #12 a few months after.
    Trust me you will want to see it, something I have been working on for a while comes to fruition in a BIG way.
    Cheers
    Jas

Awesome!!! wish you hadn't told us though, I hate having to wait for stuff like this drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    Just a heads up here, wait til FDVD#11 comes out (ten has just been released) due out end of May. Fly segment in #12 a few months after.
    Trust me you will want to see it, something I have been working on for a while comes to fruition in a BIG way.
    Cheers
    Jas
    Jas ..... I was expecting it in #10 ...... I camped at the newsagent waiting for it

Nagg

Sorry Nagg, lead time takes a little longer, footage was only shot late Dec, by the time voice overs etc are done, then production blah blah blah usually 5 months after footage is shot before release.
    It will be worth it mate.
    Jas

Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    Sorry Nagg, lead time takes a little longer, footage was only shot late Dec, by the time voice overs etc are done, then production blah blah blah usually 5 months after footage is shot before release.
    It will be worth it mate.
    Jas
    Well OK Jas ..... I'll just hang for it again ..... Looking forward to it!

Nagg

Nagg,

Excellent report, quality fish, what more could you want???

Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    Nagg,

Excellent report, quality fish, what more could you want???
    More of the same

[quote=Awoonga;787003]Guys , thanks for the company... Kama... must have been .. Whitey and l growing up in the same town... Fishing the same Creeks, Going to the same School ,Going out with....Thats going tooo far...,Then to finally meet at Awoonga...Anyway lets get back to the story...The look on Whiteys face on that first arvo when l said lets try something different !.....But it paid off... Thinking outside the box...Then over the next few days using the conditions to our advantage... Chris you would have loved it ...Surfing and fishing at the same time ..And John....Mate when are you going to come for a fish ?...l know you love Faust... But Awooogeee can Deliver sometimes.....Guys there is a couple of things that you need to get right for next time...First off... The Time... here in Queensland we dont have Daylight Saving...Because it fades the curtains...and the cows would have to get up earlier So when l say 8 at the ramp l mean 8 Queensland time...And one other thing Mayo... yes mayo...Chicken + Tomato + Mayo on the sangers.]

Thank you Trev for your experience in finding and landing big barra and for your friendship and memories of the past,cant wait till we all catch up again. ps from an old traralgon boy whitey
    Last edited by Mighty whitey; 31-03-2008 at 06:55 PM.

awsome report nagg..
    and whitey my ears are still sore from telling me the story yesterday,,lmao

some awsome fish cought there.
    thanks again chris for the great read

Quote Originally Posted by nathen77 View Post
    awsome report nagg..
    and whitey my ears are still sore from telling me the story yesterday,,lmao

some awsome fish cought there.
    thanks again chris for the great read
    Sorry Nathan

Since you work with Adrian ..... you were bound to hear it all ( fish by fish )

By the way
    The big one Whitey dropped ....... Has it got to 1.5 M yet

Cheers

Chris

lmao..not far off it...

Quote Originally Posted by nathen77 View Post
    lmao..not far off it...
    I thought so
    by the end of the year it should be a record fish

Cheers