Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga " No barra there mate!"

Re: Awoonga " No barra there mate!"

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisho View Post
    Fanatstic report Nagg, it even sounds better the second time round . I love that pic of the drowned Rat in the yellow raincoat
    Thats enough out of you Chris... it kinda rained...somewhat...But that little lady...{ Didnt put her on the mat } would have been good on Fly

Yes Chris....Castletower... The Bluff....Dingo island...Before the next trip you might need to go to the GAWB site to study up a bit...The next lot of questions wont be so easy............................

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Fished the conditions rather than hiding from them ! ......
    Nagg
    Now your talking!
    Playing whats in front of you rather than bitching about how bad the weather is is how fish are caught, not by fan dangled tricks that confuse the hell outta ya!

Its a message I have been pushing since I got on this site, but 95% look past it searching for the golden egg, even with the amount of posts I have done on the subject.
    Bad weather is in the eye of the beholder, I love windy crappy conditions espeacially in comps, it stuffs with competitors minds and most are beat before even starting!
    Fishing is 70% mental, 20% effort and 10% skill I reckon.

Fish are fish, and are found where they will be!
    Good report mate
    Cheers
    Jas

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Yes Chris....Castletower... The Bluff....Dingo island...Before the next trip you might need to go to the GAWB site to study up a bit...The next lot of questions wont be so easy............................
    Ah .... but you thought you had me with the scientific name for barra

Hi Nagg what a great trip & report.

It's great to see the long trip from down south paid off. I't's Awesome that you got some of the good oil from fellow Ausfisho's - that's great to see and a gift you won't forget soon. The long drive home would have felt a lot better after a successful trip like this one.

Well done Trev for taking the time to catchup and make the trip even better for a travelling fisho - a nice touch. You forgot to mention we also have Beetroot & Onion on sambo's up here - with double doses of BBQ & Tomatoe sauce! so you can't actually see what you are eating!!!!

Again - awesome trip report guys - it's a great read - well done.

All the best on your next trip from Kel & Lyndon.

Great read Nagg! thanks a lot! Im hoping to get up Awoonga soon!

cheers barra

Good work NAGG!!!

Trev knows his stuff there!! And he didn't dissapoint by the looks of things.!!

Don't be thinking you cockroaches can come up here and ACTUALLY catch our barra whenever you like!! Keep your secrets on how to catch them and we will let you back into QLD next time.

well done again Chris. Good Pics too!

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by barra_mauler001 View Post
    Great read Nagg! thanks a lot! Im hoping to get up Awoonga soon!

cheers barra
    Cheers Barra ...... It is most certainly an impressive fishery ... I know I'll be back

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Good work NAGG!!!

Trev knows his stuff there!! And he didn't dissapoint by the looks of things.!!

Don't be thinking you cockroaches can come up here and ACTUALLY catch our barra whenever you like!! Keep your secrets on how to catch them and we will let you back into QLD next time.

well done again Chris. Good Pics too!

cheers steve

Thanks Steve

Mate ..... To pull a couple would have been just fine ...... I'm just glad to have spent time on the water with a guy that has such a passion for the fishery & the fish! ....... I'm certain that the fish get caught just to say hello to the guy ( even the turtles would pop up ...just to say G'day)
    With all consideration & respect to what we were shown & taught by Trev ...... I was particularly vague in my report as not to give too much away ! ...... We owe him at least that much!

Cheers

Chris

Great report -thanks for sharing........BUT.........Geez...talk about giving someone itchy feet.

It's such a long drive from down here, but a report like that makes it seem all worth while!!!

I've been putting a bit of that 'fishing the conditions' theory to practice on our local dam when its blowing a dog off a chain too.....not really sure on the verdict for the cod....but it sort of makes sense to at least try it rather than run for the protected little coves.

Thanks again.... must bump that Awoonga trip up a bit on the 'to-do list'!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingBarradise View Post
    Hi Nagg what a great trip & report.

It's great to see the long trip from down south paid off. I't's Awesome that you got some of the good oil from fellow Ausfisho's - that's great to see and a gift you won't forget soon. The long drive home would have felt a lot better after a successful trip like this one.

Well done Trev for taking the time to catchup and make the trip even better for a travelling fisho - a nice touch. You forgot to mention we also have Beetroot & Onion on sambo's up here - with double doses of BBQ & Tomatoe sauce! so you can't actually see what you are eating!!!!

Again - awesome trip report guys - it's a great read - well done.

All the best on your next trip from Kel & Lyndon.

Yes guys it was more than worth the effort ...... Though I'm particularly happy to see Whitey score some good fish ....... As without a good crew trips like this would be very difficult ( specially on the road)
    Ausfish .... Has some great members & I guess its why we are members

Steady with with the Sambos ( Its hard enough to stop fishing to make a chicken & tomato sanga ..... let alone a gourmet one) ...... but it will improve

I'm glad you enjoyed the read ..... It was lots of fun , with great banter... which I just cant duplicate in writing it! ...... lots of funny moments

Cheers

Chris

Great result and great report Chris. I'm glad you guys were rewarded after putting in the hard yards!

And a bit of local knowledge always goes a long way, Trevor has given many an Ausfisher usefull tips that can make all the difference when facing the challenge of a new location (especially a place as massive as Awoonga)

Looks like the cat is out of the bag now Trevor - I think it's time for Monduran to get a bit of a break and the Awoonga boat ramp to see a bit more traffic again

Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Bear001 View Post
    Great report -thanks for sharing........BUT.........Geez...talk about giving someone itchy feet.

It's such a long drive from down here, but a report like that makes it seem all worth while!!!

I've been putting a bit of that 'fishing the conditions' theory to practice on our local dam when its blowing a dog off a chain too.....not really sure on the verdict for the cod....but it sort of makes sense to at least try it rather than run for the protected little coves.

Thanks again.... must bump that Awoonga trip up a bit on the 'to-do list'!!!!
    Cheers Bear

Awoonga was always on the list ...... but for one reason or another , it was bypassed ( tournaments , weather & weekends)
    The trouble is now ...... Its like a impassable barrier & will be very difficult to go further north to fish other destinations

Nagg

You guys had a cracker of a weekend! I think we passed you as we were heading up baffle creek on Saturday, and then again on Sunday when you were anchored in a very fishy looking bay. Sounds like I should have pulled over to say hello to you & Trev, as its always nice to put a face to a name (and ask for some local advice when the fishing is a bit tough )

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mikooh View Post
    You guys had a cracker of a weekend! I think we passed you as we were heading up baffle creek on Saturday, and then again on Sunday when you were anchored in a very fishy looking bay. Sounds like I should have pulled over to say hello to you & Trev, as its always nice to put a face to a name (and ask for some local advice when the fishing is a bit tough )

Mick
    Could have been us ? Sat-Tues we fished Awoonga ( Sat was the only time we fished Flutter Ck & the Boyne River

How did you go Mick ??

Chris