Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with Suzuki DF140 engine interface

Re: Help with Suzuki DF140 engine interface

cheers mate do you have an address

I have just found out from Lowrance that the only way to have a trim readout on a NMEA Lowrance Sounder/GPS is to connect the white 4 pin male plug into the black female near the starter motor on a Suzuki 140. While this gives you all the digital guages and trim it disconnects the warning lights on the Tacho.

As I described in a previous thread I ran a 3 core wire from the motor to the guages that way I have everything except the trim readout including the warning lights.

I am not prepared to jepodise my 5 warranty for a digital trim readout that's already on a guage.

LEI really got this wiring setup wrong.

Good luck

BlackArrow
    Last edited by BlackArrow; 01-04-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipalong View Post
    cheers mate do you have an address

trymax.com.au

Capalaba QLD 4157 Australia

Mobile:
    0417 761 821Phone:
    (07) 3245 3633

Fax:
    (07) 3823 4099

Regards
    HOnda

cheers mate thanks for you help

Honda / Blackarrow,

Guys, have spent today sorting the bugs on my system and have finally resolved it all 100%. Specifically the "-1" signal on the Trim guage on the LMF-400 and the Lowrance sounder display.

Bare with me as I know you don't run the SMIS / LMF-400 and are looking at K8 engines so this post doesn't solve your alarm issue but should resolve getting engine trim working without disabling your existing alarms. I am sure also that many are reading this thread trying to find a solution for the "-1" reading on their sounder / LMF-400 / SMIS 4 in 1 guage so here goes.

Suzuki told me yesterday that the ONLY way to get a SMIS / LMF-400 working and have tilt and trim was to buy the analogue trim guage. Navico Australia assured me it's not the case but couldn't solve it either but here is what I did.

Not convinced I worked through the following sequence.

Connected the trim guage to the Suzuki NMEA cable by disconnecting the standard harness plug from the sender that normally feeds the OEM trim guage. On the '07 engines this has to be done at the front (Bow end) of the engine towards the bottom.

Using the sounder (LMS 520C) key the following sequence:

a) Menu,Menu to access the "networking" menu, highlight and press "enter"
    b) Select "Bus set up" and press "enter"
    c) Select "Suzuki Engine" and pres "enter"
    d) Select "Advanced", and press "enter"
    e) Select "Restore defaults" and press "enter"
    f) Select "reset Trim" and press "enter"
    g) Select "Calibrate" and press "enter"
    h) Follow the trim calibration prompts to the end.
    i) Once the final trim is set TURN THE SOUNDER OFF

Your trim reading should now run between 0 and 100% on the LMF-400 &/or the sounder custom guage display.

For LMF 400 / SMIS owners this cannot be done at the LMF / SMIS head unit for whatever reason and has to be done from the Sounder menus.

Please note that the "Restore defaults" command resets any fuel data etc.

It worked for me and it's pretty clear that no many of the "experts" have worked it out yet so may be worth a try before you install analogue trim guages or not get the benefit of the feature you have paid for.

Cheers, Steve

Just an update,

Well I finally have it the wiring all done, My dealer ended up getting the connector from the Yammi dealer that I spoke to, $20.00, anyway.

By the way the connector is used as the service port for the engine so not a good idea to cut it off. Also the connector is not a deitz plug, the although looks like a deitz connections internally are pretty different after having a look at one.

The connector is from a yamaha gauge wiring harness for those trying to get one.

So now all attached my sounder wont find the unit allthough is connected correctly, I have validated this with Lowrance to find that my unit X107CDF requires a firmware update.

Not available off the website so Navico got it for me from the states. Next problem cant apply the update as my sounder does not have a SD Card slot, so I need to get another unit on the same network to apply the update.

Trymax cant do it (and showed no interested in doing it), so will have to send it to Navico to get it done.

Attached is the diagram of How I did it.

Regards
    Honda
    Attached Images Attached Images