Thread: New Rod-Courtesy of RyansRods

New Rod-Courtesy of RyansRods

Just received my new overhead rod from Ryan. The blank it was built on was a FSU4120G. We took 12inches off the butt and another 8inches off the tip to both shorten it, and to give it ALOT more grunt. I am confidently fishing 15kg mono over it and have locked it up on a shark and it was a brilliant curve.
    My favourite part of the rod design, which Ryan has practically perfected, was the under grip which helps when throwing heavier lures and pitching live baits.
    I am fishing a daiwa saltist 50H on this rod and am primarily using it for livebaiting the break walls for tuna. Being land based meant I needed to have enough length to clear the rocsk but short enough to bully a big fish to the gaff when sharks are about. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures of it loaded up on a good fish in the near future.
    If anyone is thinking of getting a rod built up, or even help in designing a custom rod, I strongly recommend getting in contact with Ryan as he has some immaculate thread work and sources top quality components at good prices.
    But for now heres the pics...

Re: New Rod-Courtesy of RyansRods

Looks great Matt.
    Very fine workmanship by ryan also!
    Thanks for posting, the shortened FSU4120G would be a fair bit cheaper than the Live Fibre equivalent, I'd imagine.
    Interesting to know how well it performs.
    Cheers.

Re: New Rod-Courtesy of RyansRods

It worked out ALOT cheaper than a livefibre and if its anything like my jew rod built on a 5120 then it will be exactly what I'm after. It will also cop a fair beating on the rocks so didnt want to spend an arm and a leg.
    Very pleased with the finished outcome, I highly recommend Ryan as a builder!