Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More ebay braid

Re: More ebay braid

I have bought a few braids from ebay 7 total and they do the same job as expensive braids ”catch fish” I had rather put on a ebay braid than a good quality nylon cause they are thinner,more line on spool and no stretch in feeling the strike..Everybody has a choice in what they want..They’ve worked for me so far..

My mate recently bought some 15lb multi coloured braid from ebay. It was said to have a diameter of 0.233mm.
    When I saw it I was a little shocked.. In truth it's about the same thickness as my 50lb mojiko braid and certainly thicker than my 20lb penn braid said to be 0.233mm and WAY WAY thicker than my 14lb rapala braid that's also said to be 0.233mm.

Hmm, seems 0.233mm is the standard diameter claimed when they cannot be bothered measuring the line?

Quote Originally Posted by -spiro- View Post
    no mate
    my bloody hand is still pink with a days washing of it.
    Mate at least you know the Dye is of top quality
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

from what ive seen on there now its all sh!t.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey that cheap stuff would be ok on the downrigger stop the wire humming
    if you can get it heavy enough

Dave.
    I am not an Angler I am an Athlete of the sea.............<><

I just keep buying the berkley whiplash pro braid

super small diameter, and long lasting

can't go wrong

just about to buy a replacement spool for another one of my reels that was previously spooled with something else ages ago before i found the whiplash - this is my last braid reel now to be converted over

no ebay braid for me

cheers

Mick

I have a photo of some damaged braid that may make you think about ebay braid
    I will put it up first chance.
    Paulus
    I was a great fan of the whiplash and still use it from time to time, but the knotability left me wondering, and the tester does not lie.

http://www.pcwi.com.au/fishing/index.htm
    thanks

Generally if you buy cheap you'll buy again....but that's not always the case!
    Sometmes even more expensive products can disappoint.

Well, a couple of months back I bought a 300m spool of top-end quality fine diameter Daiwa Samurai 8 strand braid (30lb).

It was dark green and I spooled it onto my sparkling BNIB Daiwa CV-Z 253.

The line performed well enough BUT the dark green dye kept running for first half a dozen surf casting outings.

My thumb turned dark green from controlling the line on the spool. The cork reel handles turned green from my green thumb and even the reel's spool began to stain a green colour all round the line, instead of the nice shiny silvery surface.

I was a bit pissed off after paying quite a few bucks for that line. Eventually the dye stopped running and the line itself did stay green. But there is still bits of the green colour on the spool & reel handles. So there you go...

The dye in the multi coloured YGK Jigman that I've used for several years now has NEVER even looked like running. I still rate YGK as my favourite braid to use.

Don't think I'll bother with the Samurai again as I wouldn't want to put up with the runny dye - damn nuisance.
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."