Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 Meet and Greet Sat 19th April

Re: 4x4 Meet and Greet Sat 19th April

I might even wander along on the day unless I am out drinking with the Flea to celebrate his birthday that weekend..might even drag him along.

May get along to this one in the Lux, but need more info first.
    What tracks would we tackle ?
    Is it possible to meet me along the way as I live at Caloundra?
    Can you give it a rating ? like grade 1-5, easy to extreme.

OK, research has been done.

The roads are mid range, mainly gravel and only a couple of sandy areas with one stretch of road being described as ' boggey '. This would depend on previous weeks rainfall. There does not appear to be the hillclimbs or creeks as experienced on earlier trips.

This trek looks to have quite a few stops for " viewing the sights ", bring ya camera . There is a lot of history around this place. There are a couple of stops that provide toilets and one stop has a shop / supplies so a Drumstick or Magnum could be on the cards....

The start off point will be the BP at Caboolture as Graham has mentioned with the finish point at Coochin Creek Day Camp. This finish point is a great little spot and I can take you around the traps there for a butchers hook at boat ramps and likely fishing spots.

The total trip from the BP to Coochin will be about 70k's with 45 of unsealed roads.

It will take the whole day as we will take it easy, except for the donut pad and speed trials....

I would suggest bringing an esky with plenty of drinks ( water ) , nibblies and lunch. At this time of year, a thermus full of hot tea will be a goer for the first stop/ lookout.

We will, however, stop for lunch at the place that has bbq facilities.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Lucky Phil,
    You are the man for the job.
    Good on you!!!!
    Graham.

Okay so is this a day trip or a weekender? Is there camping areas there? Either way I am still going.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Hi Poodroo,

I have been for a look at Coochin Creek one day and there is a camp ground there as well as the day use area. So I suppose if any of us wanted to camp it would just be a matter of booking a site and staying there instead of coming home. It's right next to the creek and not far from the Bribie passage so I think it would be wise to make sure you pack the aeroguard.

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timj View Post
    Hi Poodroo,

I have been for a look at Coochin Creek one day and there is a camp ground there as well as the day use area. So I suppose if any of us wanted to camp it would just be a matter of booking a site and staying there instead of coming home. It's right next to the creek and not far from the Bribie passage so I think it would be wise to make sure you pack the aeroguard.

Tim.
    Thanks Tim. I looked it up on Google Earth and also found a link to Coochin Creek. Not sure about the others but I am keen to camp somewhere for the weekend and Coochin Creek is nice and handy.
    http://users.tpg.com.au/vherring/QLD/coochin_creek.htm

Poodroo

This is my second go to post on this ( dissapears when i go to post it )..
    My chief cook and bottle washer Mazza saw the post and wants to go on the 4x4 trip . So count us in on the 19th but will confirm when a bit closer ( being retired is a full time job )
    cheers Terry

Good news Terry. regarding the disappearing post thingie, sometimes you get ' timed out ' on Ausfish, so if you either type slowly or are going to put up a paragraph or two, I suggest you type it in a Word, program then copy and paste it to the thread you wish to participate in.

This is also a good way to do the ' spell checking '.

Well Andrew, Coochin Creek is a great place to wet a line with the family. The Day Camp ground is a nice and tidy place to pitch the tent. AND, the State forests are not that far from there....

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Good news Terry. regarding the disappearing post thingie, sometimes you get ' timed out ' on Ausfish, so if you either type slowly or are going to put up a paragraph or two, I suggest you type it in a Word, program then copy and paste it to the thread you wish to participate in.

This is also a good way to do the ' spell checking '.

Well Andrew, Coochin Creek is a great place to wet a line with the family. The Day Camp ground is a nice and tidy place to pitch the tent. AND, the State forests are not that far from there....

Phill
    Phill I am keen to camp for the weekend so whoever wants to join me the more the merrier. Coochin Creek it is. I will probably leave early Saturday morning and be setting up camp ASAP to free up the rest of the day. Will have to chase them up for bookings I guess too.

Poodroo

We would also love to camp but Sue has to work on Sunday.
    So its only a day trip for us I'm afraid.
    Graham.
    Last edited by whynott; 16-03-2008 at 06:43 PM.

Also those of you that went on the Levuka trip, will know Terry, Lyn and Pop, from the Nissan Patrol Club, they are tagging along.
    Last edited by whynott; 16-03-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Poo,

Coochin Creek camp is 32.34 k's from Caboolture and at a reasonable speed and taking into account traffic lights, dirt road etc, will take 29.5 minutes.

So if you intend to set camp early on Saturday, you'll have to get up very early.

Phill

Andrew,
    Make sure you leave yourself enough time to wind up those rubber bands.

Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Poo,

Coochin Creek camp is 32.34 k's from Caboolture and at a reasonable speed and taking into account traffic lights, dirt road etc, will take 29.5 minutes.

So if you intend to set camp early on Saturday, you'll have to get up very early.

Phill
    Got it covered Phill. Will let the kids camp out in the car the night before. That way I can just hop in and drive at any hour. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by wynott View Post
    Andrew,
    Make sure you leave yourself enough time to wind up those rubber bands.

Graham.
    Hohum.

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 16-03-2008 at 09:24 PM.