Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surface cod

surface cod

heres a couple of piccys of surface lured cod, got 7 for the morning and missed afew, this fella wanted it bad . cheers bdowdy..brett [ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 22912

Attachment 22913

Re: surface cod

Nice work Brett, he certainly wolfed that paddler down. Gotta love surface caught fish, worth 10 caught any other way I reckon.

Love surface blasts from Cod, Ive been mainly using surface lures chasing my local bass lately and it has got me connected to more of the local eastern cod than I'd been encountering on spinnerbaits (maybe they've finally twigged that those vibrating things with the rubber skirts need to be avoided!) - sure know the difference when a cod shows up!
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

They must be heaps more fun to catch that way!

I've just bought a couple of jitterbugs and cant wait to take them to Copeton in a couple of weeks time!!!!

thanks guys and girls, tiges your spot on mate id rather surface fishing any day be it bass, cod, any species the thrill of watching the hit ( CANT BEAT IT). HI JIM mate the local eastern cod love surface lures up my way also mate( nice fish)..HI CINDY if you havnt caught a cod on surface youll be hooked when you do im now a surface lure ADDICT..hope you do well at copeton.. cheers bdowdy....brett

Love ya work mate.

Your getting me excited Brett,aggressive little bugga. All work and no play for me.
    Brett try putting the camera on the flower setting for your close ups if you have one on your camera,thats the only way I can get a clear photo up close on my camera.
    cheers rossco

hi ROSSCO THANKS FOR THE TIP MATE, got that fish were jeremy got that big surface hit but no hookup. cheers bdowdy..brett

Bdowdy, He smashed that lure!

Cheers Tom

sure did tom, have you done any surface fishing before mate you should give it a go ,,youll love it.cheers bdowdy..brett

Gday brett
    mate that cod doesnt know how close he was to going home with you, getting down towards the vitals.
    I havnt been for a fish for a while, been a bit tied up with the shooting since you got me stird ud with your last post.
    wamjam

hi wamjam i always carrys long nose surgical forceps for this case( but it was heading that way) I NEVER KEEP ANY FISH FROM THE CREEKS OR RIVERS .... unless it was bleeding really bad and then i would feel bad... So youve got the shooting bug back i usually start when it cools off but great stuff mate, still going to take you up on that redfin trip when i return back from fiji when its cooler hey.. cheers bdowdy..brett

Great fishing mate! nice pics too!

Gotta love those big surface smashings!

cheers barra

Great fishing mate! nice pics too!

Gotta love those big surface smashings!

cheers barra

Gday mate Ill let you know when the reddys are ready.
    Went for a fish today,mate got 10 and i got 4 and a nice river yella about 8lb. Three would have been well into the seventys.
    Had to remove a chatter bait from one through the gill openning ,no blood and swam well.
    wamjam