Thread: Review of Rocky Reef fin fish....UPDATE.

Exclamation Review of Rocky Reef fin fish....UPDATE.

please have a read here :-

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=136854

Thanks
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Review of Rocky Reef fin fish....UPDATE.

Phill,
    You really make some great points, I would particularly like to see the data from where they get the 2/3 catch of snapper from recreational fishos!!!! In fact I would love to see how such data is collected and from what sources and then the final mathematical/scientific analysis of said data. Can't really see how increasing the size limit is going to be the answer. A quick thanks for yourself and the other guys involved, I assume it to be a very time consuming and stressful experience.

Cheers

Shane

Thanks Shane,

There are many people working behind the scenes to ensure we have a balanced outcome for all concerned.

There is a word being bandied around these days and it is so important to understand it.

The word being " sustainable ".

You can have all the green zones, seasonal closures, area closures, size limits, bag limits etc, but they are doing no good unless the ' fishery ' is sustainable.

The various members of the working group must hold this as a priority when pleading their respective cases to the Govt Dept that will ultimately decide what course of action ( if any ) needs to be taken to achieve the " sustainable fishery ".

Cheers Phill

Thanks for that Phill.

I may be wrong but, didn't the DPI&F release a report in the last twelve months stating that fish stocks in SE QLD were in fact sustainable ???? I believe that we used this point in some of our submissions in relation to the proposed Green Zones???

I will keep an eye open for the notification of a public meeting i my area.

Thanks again
    John.

Yes John,

the DPI & F 2006 report said that. There was one glaring area that was " under extreme pressure and that was off the Gold Coast... close reefs, and this referred to Snapper.

how can't the fisheries be sustainable when all the fish sold in fish and chip shops is imported.

are they going to have a limit for snapper in moreton bay different to the rest of the state.

Good point fellas !