Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picture of your Sharked fish.

Picture of your Sharked fish.

Hi,

I thought it might be interesting to have a look at some photos and details of our best sharked fish.
    Mine was a Wahoo where the shark in one hit took over half the Fish in one shot.
    What was remaining is 17kg of Wahoo - We estimated the fish would have been approx 40kg. It must have been a big shark as it originally had another 6 inches or so in its mouth, however as the Wahoo was swimming the teeth slipped and scraped the flesh before slicing straight through.
    Would have been my biggest fish to date easily if the greedy bugger had left it alone.
    I struggled to get the rod out of the holder when the fish hooked up - the rod just buckled over and I have never seen line removed from the TLD so fast as I did that day.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers Ryan.

Re: Picture of your Sharked fish.

I don't think this is should be glorified at all it is a unfortunate circumstance when it happens but to see page after page of photos of mangled fish some older than the angler is appauling in my view.

Sounds awesome to me. I mean, frustrating yes but the assassins of the sea always win out.
    Why not have a gander at the damage they do?

Oh Jimbo,

Who said anything about gloryifying it -I simply said post your picture so we can all have a gander, that is what the Ocean is capable of.
    Now back on topic please.

"Nature takes it course"

Ryan.
    Last edited by Reel Magic; 09-03-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Here is one of a squire that got munched while my better half was soft plastic fishing ,poor little fella . NOT as good as yours mate what a massive whooooo he would have been hope not to offend anyone with this picture of my wifes squire.... matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Sorry no pics to show but on the subject sharks can be a right pain in the neck!!
    Up North we had plenty of frustrating moments were sharks would take fish such as barra and threadfin right at the boat-lure and all!!!You can feel the fish getting more agitated then normal when the shark is after them thats for sure.When there around the reefies usually go off the bight straight away.
    Has anybody have any problems with dolphins??While fishing at Amity Point recently the kept raiding my fish.If I'd hang for the ride I would get the fish head back most times and if I didnt the dolphin would spit the hook.The heads coming back were from 30-40cm squire and sweetlip.I got a few whole ones past them though.
    Mex

Quote Originally Posted by Mexikan View Post
    Has anybody have any problems with dolphins??
    Mex

Yeah, they are kinda hard to skin.

Nice
    But i think that's a little too much OOOO and not enough Wahhh
    Cheer's

Quote Originally Posted by Mexikan View Post
    Sorry no pics to show but on the subject sharks can be a right pain in the neck!!
    Up North we had plenty of frustrating moments were sharks would take fish such as barra and threadfin right at the boat-lure and all!!!You can feel the fish getting more agitated then normal when the shark is after them thats for sure.When there around the reefies usually go off the bight straight away.
    Has anybody have any problems with dolphins??While fishing at Amity Point recently the kept raiding my fish.If I'd hang for the ride I would get the fish head back most times and if I didnt the dolphin would spit the hook.The heads coming back were from 30-40cm squire and sweetlip.I got a few whole ones past them though.
    Mex
    Don't fish when the dolphins are around. You could inadvertently harm them. Move away from them.
    Saint Andrew, Patron Saint of fishing and fisherman, Pray for us!

Quote Originally Posted by JawstheOriginal View Post
    Don't fish when the dolphins are around. You could inadvertently harm them. Move away from them.
    Err yeah! try fresh water fishing! or stay at home! and don't cross the road when their are cars on the road !
    Just some more good advice

*Sigh*
    Dolphin pods will strip bait and catches, therefore costing you more money. Plus there are fines for harming them.
    Doesn't cost anything to move away from where they are congregating.

Back on topic...Bluefin I bet that made a good feed...not!

Mexikan-I took the liberty of looking up some sites about what to do if you encounter dolphins when fishing. Found this beaut W.A site. Figure the info corresponds to here aswell.

Here's the link! Just click on the "When you see a dolphin whilst fishing" link and "Boating with dolphins" link.

http://dolphins.mysouthwest.com.au/C...ty%20Awareness
    Last edited by JawstheOriginal; 09-03-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Jaws thanks for the info(I did check out the website) but 'dont fish when the dolphins are around' and 'move away from them' at Amity Point was pretty much dont fish at all. When I was there they were only gone for brief periods and when your staying there on the water to fish ,you fish when you can(that was the general veiw of every fisherman there) .I have no intentions of hurting dolphins, I tell you they are intelligent and strong enough to hold there own!!!!
    Intimidator and Disorderly I found your replies very amusing.
    Mex

*Sigh*
    Dolphin pods will strip bait and catches, therefore costing you more money. Plus there are fines for harming them.
    Doesn't cost anything to move away from where they are congregating.

Back on topic...Bluefin I bet that made a good feed...not!

Mexikan-I took the liberty of looking up some sites about what to do if you encounter dolphins when fishing. Found this beaut W.A site. Figure the info corresponds to here aswell.

Here's the link! Just click on the "When you see a dolphin whilst fishing" link and "Boating with dolphins" link.

http://dolphins.mysouthwest.com.au/C...ty%20Awareness

There are fines for hurting dolphins.

Any idea how much?? - Just curious

Steve99

It depends on what you've done. If you call the RSPCA they'll be able to let you know more. Of course, there are legit accidents unfortunately and then the idiots who deliberately try and run them down. When I was in NSW there were some that got shot at. Bastards.

The water police got involved and everything.

It depends on what you've done. If you call the RSPCA they'll be able to let you know more. Of course, there are legit accidents unfortunately and then the idiots who deliberately try and run them down. When I was in NSW there were some that got shot at. Bastards.

The water police got involved and everything.

Jeez, From now on I'll give dolphins a wide berth.

I dont want to end up in the slammer.

Steve99