Thread: Variety Children's Bass on fly competition maroon dam

Re: Variety Children's Bass on fly competition maroon dam

Hi everone

the comp is drawing closer so get those entrys in

need a entry form email me on redlaughter@optusnet.com.au

see you soon Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
    Hanging out for the maroon weekend. A group of us fished the New England for trout on the weekend. Nick Kneipp was there, so we asked if he wanted to come up for the weekend. He is checking the lay of the land, so I will email him this week. Will get the entry in as soon as we sort out the crews.
    Spoke to a chap who used the camp recently. He gave it the thumbs up, good lay out and top people on site.
    Like the way you structured the weekend. Setting the scene for fun and learnig can only be good for fly fishing. Great opportunity for people to get the tast of bass on fly.
    Jeff.

Hi Jeff
    Things Are Looking Good For The Comp
    Be Good To Catch Up With Everone And Some New Poeple
    Off To Nz Tomorrow 6th For To Weeks Fishing Mmmm Tough Thing To Have To Do.

Cheers Jeremy;d

Jeremy,
    I,m glad it's you and not me having the fish solid for two weeks. If you believe that you believe in the easter bunny. Have a ball mate. Checked out the camp at maroon dam. "Campfire" is a top camping spot. Dam looks good to. Bass are comming out to play around the weed and closer to the dam wall. There will be a few fish tales told around the camp on the 3rd and 4th of May.

Jeff. (SEQFF)

PS. Club meeting on the 15th will get everyone sorted on maroon there.

Jeremy,
    10 to 12 from the SEQFF's so far. Sounds like maroon is fishing well.
    Be a great oppertunity for budding fly rodders to have a crack at bass on fly.
    Should be some early and late surface action this time of the year.

Jeff

thanks to all your replies all looking good for the comp
    so get those enty forms in and have lots of fun.

cheers Jeremy

Good luck to everyone who is fishing the comp this weekend. Was out there yesterday competing in the Minibucks electric round. Was a very slow day for all. Dam had been fishing well the previous 2 rounds. Weed is now starting to rot and the fish have slowed down. But, it only takes a few cast to get your bag. Next weekend could be a totally different kettle of fish. More than likely it will fire up big time because I'm not there. Other commitments and plus can't afford to run down there 3 times in a month. Bank accounts not that health with the price of diesel these days.
    Again, good luck to everyone who will be fishing it this weekend, and hope the fish and weather gods are on your side.
    Bill
    P.S. the team that won yesterday caught their fish up the back in the timber and all on surface lures till about 11am. Was a little overcast but blowing its ring out.

HI TO ALL

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR THREADS, SO GET THOSE ENTRY FORMS IN EARLY
    AS YOUR ENTRY FEE INCLUDES A MEAL SATURDAY NIGHT .
    IF YOU NEED A ENTRY FORM JUST EMAIL ME ON redlaughter@optusnet.com.au
    thanks Jeremy

So ???
    Howd it go

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Chris

Tough fish, Denis Shaw, wobbygone, peter bell and myself. One fish each caught. 1st and 2nd got 34cm each (best story won), peter and I got 33cm fish. wobbygone and i got teams trophy (only team to get a fish each).

Great camping area, good beer, fabulous gourmet burgers courtesy Jude Wakelin. Good fun.

On the last cast of the day Denis got bricked by something that straightened his hook and left a scale on it as a taunt.

Norm

Hi all,
    What a cracker weekend. The fishing was tough but played second fiddle to the feel of the surroundings and the frendly mix of the people. Most of the action was surface which gets the blood pumping. When the fishing is tight it keeps everyone well and truly in the race to the last cast. Nog kicked off well with a evening before surface bass from the bank. Caught the action as I had the camera in hand. He hamed it up big time for the lens. I think he was even calling for make up at one stage of the game. Jeremy, Jude and Kelly put on a most enjoyable weekend in a top spot. The icing on the cake was that the variety club were the real winners. Can't wait for the next one.

Jeff.
    PS. Looking back, being dragged back to second place by my fishing story was not as bad as the first suggestion of six guns at ten paces. With my failing eyesight I would resemble a block of swiss cheese now. And besides, the best fisherman did win.

Jesus Jeff(wobbygone, bassbuster, nippletwister), I can't follow ALL your bl@#$y avatars
    Nog, Nogster, Noggy

How much money was raised for the kids??
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Thumbs up Re: Variety Children's Bass on fly competition maroon dam

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisho View Post
    So ???
    Howd it go

hi flyfisho

the weekend great the fish where a bit slow
    ever one had a fun time hop to see you there next year

gottofly jeremy

Red face Re: Variety Children's Bass on fly competition maroon dam

Quote Originally Posted by BrewGuru View Post
    How much money was raised for the kids??
    Hi BrewGuru

how much money was raised about 1000.00 dollars
    not huge amount but all helps

cheers jeremy