Thread: Squiding mooloolaba

Squiding mooloolaba

HI

Does anybody know where a good place to go around mooloolaba to catch some squid.

thanks in advance

Re: Squiding mooloolaba

Daylight hours i fish the last bay and the leads into the river on the southern bank. There is a reefy bottom there that is relatively clean and good currents and it holds good tiger squid. You just have to work the area over and that can take two hours or more to cover, its quite large an area.

Night time around the coastguard ramp area under the lights brings a few about.

Jack.

I have picked up a few off the commercial jetty before the security guards ran us off

Do you have a boat or shore based ?

Let us know how you go I would not mind picking up a few squidlies myself

thanks guys,

i will let you know how i go

ps. i have a boat

cheers

If anyone knows where I can catch these from the land, let me know, I'm on the southside of Brisbane, would like to get a feed of them.

Peter

Bondy, Just look for shallow reefs near shore or weedbeds in about 3-6 feet of water. Clean water is better but not essential, I have had some very good mornings squidding blindly in the Noosa Sound where visibility isnt too crash hot.

Jack.

heard a tip somewhere (might have been on ausfish), where it's a good idea to dip the lure in some pillie juice before flicking it out.

if you can make it to old woman island, theres plenty around there. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Bondy, Just look for shallow reefs near shore or weedbeds in about 3-6 feet of water. Clean water is better but not essential, I have had some very good mornings squidding blindly in the Noosa Sound where visibility isnt too crash hot.

Jack.

G'day Jack, that would be good but I dont have a boat so makes it a bit difficult for me.

Peter