Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: awoonga 21-28

Re: awoonga 21-28

Hey bneue4...
    I'm quite sure that this isn't the response that you were hoping for when posting this thread. Firstly let me say thankyou for sharing your trip with us.

Please understand that a lot of people responding to this are extremely passionate about these fish. A lot of these same people are involved in the welfare of these fish right from the stocking stage up until they are pulled from the water in the great shimmering silver form that you see.
    I'm certain that a lot of folk on this site have mishandled fish earlier on in their fishing careers, hell knows, I sure have. One of the most imortant functions of this site is to educate fisherfolk, from better catching techniques to better handling practices.
    Since reading threads here my handling practices have changed dramatically.
    I've picked up so many tips from people who are both passionate and also very knowledgable about these creatures.
    I know that it seems as though you've got the rough end of the pineapple but this advice and information is passed on to ensure that you can keep catching these fish well into the future.
    Arm yourself with this knowledge and always remember the little quote on the Squidgee packet. I'm sure everyone knows it by now.

Re: awoonga 21-28

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    I'm certain that a lot of folk on this site have mishandled fish earlier on in their fishing careers, hell knows, I sure have. One of the most imortant functions of this site is to educate fisherfolk, from better catching techniques to better handling practices.
    Guilty as charged.
    It took an Awoonga based member (no, not matrix or awoonga) to point out what I was doing wrong handleing barra, which I thought were swimming off ok.
    Put and take fishery, take your fish if you will eat them, just look after the ones you put back. After what I saw first hand up at Monduran in the basin a couple of weeks ago, this message isnt getting thru.
    Strange that, cause the message on right lures, locations, bite times, gear is getting thru???