• Escape with ET

52 28.26%
  • Other (which)?

26 14.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Australian TV fishing shows

Re: Australian TV fishing shows

Yeh probably ET, I met him once and he seems like a top guy. I think anything with Bushy or Starlo is great as those two realy know their stuff but they're not on free to air much anymore. Can't cop Adam Royter or Scotty H (could you imagine a 1/2 hour show full of Scotty every Sunday arvo)
    Like many I'm not a Rexy fan either but I think we all must admit nobody has done more to educate the Australian public that catch and release is a good thing.
    Mike

Yeh, I agree - but I've seen a lot of episodes with Rexxy where the camera cuts away to a break or an ad from actually showing the fish swimming down and away - with a voice over from Rex saying "there she goes"....:-)

I'm not that fussed about any of the current crop of TV fishing programs.

In the past, Wildfish with Peter Morse, and A river Somewhere, with Tom and Rob were my favorites.
    I dont mind Steve Starling or Bushy. At least they know there stuff. Unlike some of the other clueless bushwackers on tv that rattle on about nothing.

I agree with what Noelm says. I wont repeat thier names but some of the current crop of fishing identities give me the creeps

Lately, the only show I found interesting and worth a look was The Deadliest Catch.

Product endorsement,particulary cheap Chinese made stuff that touted as fantastic really cheeses me off. I dont need some self appointed fishing expert telling me what to buy and from which store - I have that already figured out.

Cheers Steve99

When ever I get homesick I just throw on an IFISH DVD and that seems to cure the blues!
    Don't play stupid with me...I'm better at it!

Removed...

Wildfish and a River Somewhere were and still are standout programs.

I rated Rod Harrison diddling his 'luuurs' and flies across Australia also, even though that wasnt actually a program but his videos were great for the time - especially the odyssey he did with Lefty Kreh in North Oz and PNG

ps Angi the Ranting & Raging Red Bull, your little explosion amused me greatly. Perhaps you and Marty B should go flick some renoskies on the currigee weedbeds together, toetouching in paradise

pps Who remembers the ground breaking 'Go Fish Australia' with John Mellion on the ABC in the early/mid 80's - I still remember the song - 'Noooooo fish is going to call me a failuuuuuuuure, I'm gonna go fish Austraaaaaaaalia, for the one that got away!!!!'

Ahh, Robbie the snipe boy, nice observations there mate. No toetouching in my paradise thanks, and I would be forced into a fit of rage if I had to spend even 5 minutes with Martin B.

I too, remember Go Fish Australia, and that brilliant title song. I wonder if you sing it as poorly as your younger brother?

But speaking of Rex Hunt, do you remember that tell-all interview he did a couple of years ago about some affair he'd had? The quote I still get a great chuckle out of, is:

"I'm invincible, I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, ooohhhh how good is this?" Brilliant stuff Rexxy, you tool.

RB
    searchin' for my lost shaker of salt

Could someone give me an idea of days and times when the fishing shows are on nowadays.

I would like to see a show dedicated to camping, 4wd, fishing etc at a prime time family spot with no product endorsments. In the slot on a say Sunday night it would be a sure fire winner and the adverts would pay for it for sure.

Updates with shows please and times?

Cheers Ryan.

I'd watch any old re-runs of Malcolm Douglas or Ron Calcutt any day over the present crop, most especially RH.
    Cheers!

Time to put my 2 cents worth in.

Watching C to C as i type this. First off we have a 5 min (give or take) advert for Century Batteries. Now we got another Ad, 5 min for ARB and their camping poop dressed up as a blurb on trailbiking west of Bris. Just then we had Gary Howard with a quick round up of a few differant types of boats you might be looking at with product name closeups prominant in most shots. Now im looking at an add for some massive 8metre wakeboard thing . $120,000 starting price...bulls^!t.. exclusivive from S-Wood marine (Ad). Next is Scott Hillier going on about a DH. I think he means a double hookup but he may mean D___ Head..Oh, its another dressed up Ad.. this time for BCF...yeah ok .. he did give a bit of info on small mouth and large mouth nanigi. And that was the show for today. It wasent even a decent infomercial..it was more of an Advertorial...

What a waste of time, I won't bother watching next week.

g

We just record Creek To Coast and fast-forward to any bits that involve fish... same with Escape With ET. That set-top box was the best purchase we ever made!

What about et going from yamaha to etec money talks he is getting paid double for waving the etec flag.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    ET ..... Cant stand someone who laughs when they speak ...... continually

Nagg
    I couldn't agree more!!

And what species do you think he will chase next????? Gee, I wonder if it will be Barrumundi??

I can't understand why these people don't chase some of the more unregular fish? Cast poppers in Sydney Harbour for Kings, Cast poppers at the GBR for GT's, Live bait for spanish off Gold coast, Lure for MJ's in the GC canals, catch bream on bread crusts off the surface. The list is endless, but no, Trout in the snowies, flatties in port Hacking, Barra in Awonga and Bream In Sydney Harbour.

I know it is more extensive than that, but not much more. Occasionally they go to odd places and fish for odd fish, but generally the same old.

I think, these days, there are a lot more people fishing for a lot more different species using a lot more different techniques. Expanding may have been a risk before as they were hopeing to catch the 'weekend' angler, but sports fishing has opened up a new ares of fishing that was not so prevalent before, and more people are a little bored with the same old.

Quote Originally Posted by tin can marlin View Post
    What about et going from yamaha to etec money talks he is getting paid double for waving the etec flag.
    I wish I could go from Yamaha to Etec

I punched in 'other' as I'm hopefull one day someone will come up with a show worth watching.