Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

I very nearly bought a Seafarer, and spent my time wishing they would introduce a boat to compete with the Cruisecraft 685 Outsider feature wise more closely. The Vagabond came soooo close. But I guess it's not a huge market at that size, and there are a few boats there already...

I also got my back up when a dealer (to remain nameless) told me I was stupid to want to put a Verado on a Seafarer. Ran the Merc down, and gave me Salesmanspeak responses every time I asked about their preferred power plant - you guessed it, E-TEC!
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Been meaning to post this pics for a while...finally got to it. My old Vag - built like a brick shitter. Since photos I have got rid of the light board and welded on outriggers to the trailer with submersalights. Love the old girl. Goes like a wounded cat despite the 21 degree V and a 115 Yammy.

hey guys i the old man once own a 1985 18" ventura called polaris just woundering if anyone nows of its were abouts would like to know how its going

A few new pic's taken last week......

nice shots Jabba

Hello Guys,
    This is my Vag with twin 115 ocean pros. So far reliable but like any 2 stroke do foul a little. Anyway great boat handles well.
    Marty

Marty

No pics at this end?
    What props are you running and when do you get fouling?

Jabba
    Great shots of the GC Bass Boat !

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

15 pitch props not anti fouling. I will repost pictures.

Marty
    15 pitch? what dia and what breed?

I thought you said your spark plugs fouled and i wondered when that happened?

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Sorry here they are:
    2000 Seafarer Vagabond
    twin 115
    JRC FF60
    Lowrance 8200

Hey Chimo, Sorry misled you 17 pitch props . I spoke to you about them a while ago. I have the old 21's cleaned and ready to sell. I dropped to 17s and find them more suitable to my needs. Motor sometime fouls when you idle or putt around for fish and then kill the motor for 15 mins and try to fire up again. Sometimes they wont fire up on first turn. No big deal though.
    Marty

My Seafarer VC.

I've owned this boat for over 16 years. The transom has been replaced and I've recently had new steering cables, helm etc put in.

Should be good for another 20 years.

I can't see myself ever parting with my VC, unbeatable in it's size imo.

r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

nice boats fellas.

Here are some more pics of my old girl. She has some interesting lines for a 1970s era boat. Check out the chines and also all the moulding details in the side pic

Any other owners out there with shots?

Hey Guys,

I too joined the Seafarer Club recently.

One of the reasons I invested in a Seafarer is because I used to work for them in the period my boat was built. I know exactly how well they are built and finished, and had no hesitation when this one popped up for the right price. It will last for a very long time with simple routine maintenance. This boat now looks like the day it rolled out of the factory, ten years on.

One thing I have noted is just how dry the 6.0 Victory is. It is by far the driest 6.0m boat I have ever been in, and I have owned and been in a lot of them. The great soft ride is another huge attraction.

Regards

Darren