Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Seafarer Appreciation thread

Hi guys... I a Seafarer Appreciation thread on another forum and thought it would be good to have it on this site also...
    I know there are quiet a few Seafarers on Ausfish, and I also know there's never an unhappy Seafarer owner...

So if you have Seafarer, show your boat here, along with a bit of info about it.....

This is my pride and joy. Seafarer "Vermont" 5.9m, match with a 2007 250 E-tec..
    Great as a social boat, and equally as good as a deep sea fisher... Top speed thus far 60mph GPS on smooth water, and it runs easily at 45mph into a lumpy 2.5mt swell...

Half way home from St Bee's and Keswick

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Mate that is a smart looking boat how old is the hull. And i don't own a seafarer but i know they have a great name, do you think they will lose there finsh now thay are being built by the hains group.
    Cheers mark

Thanks Tin can.... The Hull is a 2004

Quality will be the same as it was when Lindsay owned Seafarer... If you didnt already know, Lindsay has stayed on with Seafarer as the #1 IC for the Seafarer for the next 5 years, and a option to stay a further 5 if Lindsay choses to. Off coarse he now answers to Greg Hains. But Hainsy bought Seafarer because they are such a bloody well built and designed boat, and he intends to keep that way... At this present moment Lindsay is designing some new decks for the Seafarer range, and they will be built with the same proven technique that Lindsay has developed throughout his years....
    Last edited by Jabba_; 24-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Hi Jabba_
    We love our Seafarer
    We love her so much we spent 6 months rebuilding and regelcoating her after a white ant invasion.
    She a Ventura 17.... not sure of her exact age, but she's somewhere around 30 years young

Before the rebuild (photo taken January 06)

After the rebuild (photo taken June 06)

Fathers Day 2007

--
    Bev
    Last edited by ColacGirl; 24-02-2008 at 04:38 PM.

White Ants in the Play-Pen
    Seafarer Ventura 17 rebuild
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=66409

Nice Restoration job Bev

This is my favorite Seafarer model.. Viper 6.8m

Jabba, I have never seen the Vermont before is there much room in the cabin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagga View Post
    Jabba, I have never seen the Vermont before is there much room in the cabin?
    The cabin bunks are 7ft long, and I have slept over night a few times now. There is very little height if your 6.1ft like myself..

Hi Shagga

No doubt Jabba will get back to you on this but may I suggest that just based on you AF tag the Vermont was made for you........

Large cabin deck hatch (with hatch adjusted)
    Fully carpet-lined cabin
    7'0" bunks with cloth covered cushions with storage under
    Filler cushion between bunks
    Cloth covered upholstered cabin shelves

Full cabin bulkheads with Bi-fold aluminium and perspex door and removable companionway hatch

Cheers
    Chimo
    PS they are certainly better length bunks than in the Vagabond which is really only for people about 5 feet tall.
    Last edited by Chimo; 26-02-2008 at 05:24 PM.
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Hi Shagga

No doubt Jabba will get back to you on this but may I suggest that just based on you AF tag the Vermont was made for you........

Large cabin deck hatch (with hatch adjusted)
    Fully carpet-lined cabin
    7'0" bunks with cloth covered cushions with storage under
    Filler cushion between bunks
    Cloth covered upholstered cabin shelves

Full cabin bulkheads with Bi-fold aluminium and perspex door and removable companionway hatch

Cheers
    Chimo
    Yes there certainly is enough room in there to have a shag...

Hey Chimo, when are we going to see your Seafarer

Bonehead the Vagabond I have fished in at Cooktown and Port Stephens. Originally with twin 115 Ocean Pros now with a 200HO ETec. These are probably Wayne's shot of it from Couran Cove.

Skirt Chaser the Viking I used to fish in. It now has a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. It did have an Ocean Pro as well.

Last edited by Smithy; 26-02-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Hi Smithy

How did the Vag perform after the change from the two 115 Ocean Pros to the 200 HO Etec?

Did the spray dodgers do anything? I rarely get spray there on mine.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Ocean Pros were crap. Stalling all the time and all that stuff that goes with old technology 2s. One was running hot so we had the other flatout all the time and limp mode on the hot one. The Etec was more refined with better cables and stuff so chalk and cheese.

Spray dodgers were for trolling. The flap across the middle saved getting fully wet heaps.

very nice boats Jabba, the 6.8 Viper is a boat i would not knock back,

Daz

I would knock a Viper and a Voyager back. How would you like a little man throwing buckets of water in your face all day long when it got a bit rougher? Cabin boats are the only way to go once you get older.