Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

And I thought this may interest some.

A rare shot of a 1995 Seafarer Victory 5.9, and a 1998 Seafarer Victory 6.0 side by side.

The differences are clear to see.

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I too joined the Seafarer Club recently.

One of the reasons I invested in a Seafarer is because I used to work for them in the period my boat was built. I know exactly how well they are built and finished, and had no hesitation when this one popped up for the right price. It will last for a very long time with simple routine maintenance. This boat now looks like the day it rolled out of the factory, ten years on.

One thing I have noted is just how dry the 6.0 Victory is. It is by far the driest 6.0m boat I have ever been in, and I have owned and been in a lot of them. The great soft ride is another huge attraction.

Regards

Darren
    Beautiful boat Darren,,, I'll be going for a Victory next time round... No complaints about the Vermont, but I would like a bit more standing room for fishing, and the Victory fits the bill perfectly....

I have not sean a Victory fitted up witth a 150hp before,, usually they have a 200 or a 175... How does it go with the 150, any figures you could share with us...

I've driven a few with the 150 carby V6 Johnson offshore, and bottom line is, you don't need much power to make these things go, and the 150 is perfect for almost every application.

Seen one fitted with a V4 115, and one was tested with a 130 Honda and went great - which goes to show the efficiency of the hull, considering it is the heavyweight in its size range. I think there are a few getting around with 130 Honda's.

Hey Jabba,

I bought it with the vision of repowering.

The 150 has actually been a very big surprise find.

I couldn't ask for any more. It cruises effortlessly @ 3800-4000rpm, comfortably pulling 22-25 knots. Flat out in the calm and it pulls 38 knots @ 5800-6000rpm with four aboard. I havn't done too much tweaking yet, but I expect that to lift as I do more hours. The engine hadn't been run in around two years before I bought it.

I'm so happy with the motor, I have shelved the plans to repower any time soon, and i've owned four strokes before.

The engine is a "FICHT" variety, which has received a lot of bad press. This engine has done 320 hours in it's life, and the computer reads it to have had no issues ever. It's been thoroughly checked out and sorted before I ran it for the first time. I'm running XD50 oil.

I'm very happy cruising at 25 knots and returning 20 l/ph, which is what i've had so far. I don't do a lot of trolling.

Regards

Darren

Thank for the reply's.. I am suprized to hear about a 115 and the 130's on these hulls,,, I would off thought they would be way under powered, but no so...

Boatboy,,, Don't read to much into the Ficht horror stories... If you have 320hr on the clock, then you have got yourself a good reliable Ficht.. Send Noelm a PM is you want to find out more about the Ficht..
    Those fuel figures are good, thanks or sharing....

Thanks Jabs,

I did plenty of research before buying, including talking to Noel.

The engine appears faultless to me so far, and I know of guys including Noel with thousands of hours on these engines. I'm told if they made it past 100 hours they will last a very long time. I've also got an excellent mechanic with plenty of knowledge on these engines. I believe that's half the battle.

Regards

Darren

P.S. How did you get your photos to display so big? Through photobucket or some other way?

Hi BB50

Does the Victory your talking about have trim tabs on it? I thought if its only using 20 l / hr it may have them too

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Hey Pete,

No tabs here, and never has it felt like it needed it.

We went over to Tangas last week, and with a 15kn breeze, there was no lean or need.

The Ficht is the reason it's returning good fuel economy. I'm told there is not that much difference between it and an ETEC.

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by tin can marlin View Post
    Hi jabba the only boat that i know can handle biger seas is the allisons but the seafarer runs second.
    There is heaps of other boats out their that handle seas better than Allison and Seafarer And dont take that to heart because i aint biased with any boat. That's my 2 cents anyway

Tassie, I'm yet to find anything, size for size, that does. I think the number of them (like the V-Sea) out there on the water attest to that.

Most people that own them, have had plenty of boats before them too. Once you learn how to drive them with trim, and you have the set-up spot-on as it should be, they are bloody awesome machines. Drive one through a rough afternoon on Jumpinpin and you appreciate how good everything comes together. Downhill handling is perfect. Anyway, horses for courses, but they are a legendary hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean_Spirit View Post
    Tassie, I'm yet to find anything, size for size, that does. I think the number of them (like the V-Sea) out there on the water attest to that.

Most people that own them, have had plenty of boats before them too. Once you learn how to drive them with trim, and you have the set-up spot-on as it should be, they are bloody awesome machines. Drive one through a rough afternoon on Jumpinpin and you appreciate how good everything comes together. Downhill handling is perfect. Anyway, horses for courses, but they are a legendary hull.
    Hey mate i have personally been for a run in a 19 foot allison and to be honest i was not happy with the ride at all. i think that southwind made one of the best fibreglass hulls around up with cruisecraft and haines hunter, and what i have heard seafarer make a great hull as well.

And just wondering jabba your seafarer with the 250 etec, that model boat is only rated to a 225 hp moter which means u blow ur insurance straight away and thats alot of money to not have insured. Correct me if im wrong on the year of your boat that is for a 08 vermont 5.9m

ok stupid question but what is an Ficht engine? ive got my head around 4 stroke and 2 stroke...

mike

ps these seafarers are great
    Tangles KFC

Aug,

A ficht is basically the first version of ETEC engine. It is still a 2 stroke with high pressure fuel injection, similar to an Optimax or HPDI Yamaha.

Regards

Darren

Hey Guys,

I too joined the Seafarer Club recently.

One of the reasons I invested in a Seafarer is because I used to work for them in the period my boat was built. I know exactly how well they are built and finished, and had no hesitation when this one popped up for the right price. It will last for a very long time with simple routine maintenance. This boat now looks like the day it rolled out of the factory, ten years on.

One thing I have noted is just how dry the 6.0 Victory is. It is by far the driest 6.0m boat I have ever been in, and I have owned and been in a lot of them. The great soft ride is another huge attraction.

Regards

Darren
    Hey Darren.
    A beautiful boat for sure. I am fair dinkum in love with my victory. couldnt ask for a better boat. My wife reckons i can sleep with the boat if I spend any more time with it. Sounds fair enough.
    Darren I was intersted in the front right roller on your trailer not contacting the hull. Is that ok?
    Brendan

PS. Your roof and clears look fabulous. Are they new? I am fairly tall and that is my only criticism of the design , the top is a little low when standing

Thanks Jabs,

P.S. How did you get your photos to display so big? Through photobucket or some other way?
    Yep, Photobucket....