Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Cabin boats are the only way to go once you get older.
    until then Smithy, that boat will do me just fine, thats why i had a Center console built and not a cab boat, cabin boat is a waste of space for my type of fishing

Daz

There is also the safety aspect to consider. They are sometimes called Seaspearers. I know I punched out the spray dodgers on my 702 Haines Signature at least 3 times in 5 weeks in Cooktown in the FNQ chop that develops into a short sharp swell. My part owner in it nearly lost it one day in Bribie Passage in a wind against tide situation filling it to level with the outboard. Luckily it kept going. I would never own anything but a cabin boat ever again. Everything I have heard about the big Seafarers from past owners paints the picture they they are worse. Have a read of Greg's comments on the last page of this. I couldn't second his thoughts more on walkarounds versus full cuddys or half cabins.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...=124086&page=3

jabba, have you ever felt unsafe in your seaferar.especially at high speed cruise.45 knts+

i know its going to be a good response.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    jabba, have you ever felt unsafe in your seaferar.especially at high speed cruise.45 knts+

i know its going to be a good response.

cheers
    In flat water, never.... Doing 45 into a 2.5m swell, yes I was nerveous at first, and then I got the feel for it...

How about you come out with me and you can get first hand experience for yourself.... This offer is for real.

Hi jabba the only boat that i know can handle biger seas is the allisons but the seafarer runs second.

Are you guys smokin the wacky backy??? I dont ever want to be in ANY boat doing 45 knots in a 2.5 metre swell unless the swell has at least 50 metres between crests, and that doesnt happen often.

Greg

Hi greg i know were your coming from any boat is not got in 50 knots what boat have you got. Regards marks

boat i fish out of is a 2400 Kevlacat.....does 42 knots WOT. I think some ppl confuse Knots with KPH and MPH. There is a big difference.

Those that dont and travel at those speeds..............I will keep my eyes on the obituaries columns.

I can see why you can fish in bad weather the cats can calve up big seas go the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    boat i fish out of is a 2400 Kevlacat.....does 42 knots WOT. I think some ppl confuse Knots with KPH and MPH. There is a big difference.

Those that dont and travel at those speeds..............I will keep my eyes on the obituaries columns.
    If you read my first post it states, 45mph into a lumpy 2.5m swell, I cruise between 30-35mph..... Yeah, my balls were up in my mouth when I first opened up the throttle.... My main fear was if I got air and a chop smacked the stern, I would come down bow first and nose dive...... As it happened I only got prop vent twice, and it was only for a fraction of a second each time..... Interestingly the ride a 45mph was smoother then it was at 35mph...

Also my definition off lumpy is a chop that is left over from the day before...

is that a 2.5mm chop on the broadwater jabba or 2.5 metre swell. i cant take you seriously. i dont know if you know how big 2.5 metres of swell is, but you surely wont be going 45 miles per hour into it with your boat, for long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Guts View Post
    is that a 2.5mm chop on the broadwater jabba or 2.5 metre swell. i cant take you seriously. i dont know if you know how big 2.5 metres of swell is, but you surely wont be going 45 miles per hour into it with your boat, for long anyway.
    Whatever mate, but maybe if I was in Edancraft I could.

Jabba - nice looking rig. I will be sticking some photos in due course in the SF thread you started of me old Vagabond. Roughly how far was the gap between the peaks of the swell?

uss kittyhawk more like it

Good one fish guts i like it