Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

[QUOTE=outta line;1613984.. It wouldn't be a victory if you raised the bow it would be a whole new design hull and top deck[/QUOTE]

I have been told that is where the Victory was headed in the next design had Lindsay not sold. Higher bow, changes to the deck and a hardtop. Would have loved to have seen it come to fruition personally. Suspect it would be an awesome rig.

Higher bow would of been good with a lockable cabin.

Looking forward to this release!!

Good to see JV making an effort to reinstate a high level of build integrity. This has no doubt been driven by public demand. The original design was perfect for an all round 19". As indicated, there was a blueprint for a new 19", you never know...

There are some pretty clever things that can be done underwater that would be a very progressive step forward in deep vee hull design. This stuff requires some R&D dollars and some serious testing though.

there's several 28 seafarer express cruisers around at the moment, and it just so happens to be the style of boat i'm after. Anyone know how they go/ performance fiugures etc. Any timber used? I remember reading on here someone was mates with lindsay...

That's me. They are a beast mate and built like the preverbial. Only issue with the current crop is that they are overpriced. Yes, timber used. Do your basic checks.

I find it somewhat strange that whenever it's mentioned that they take waves over the front, and they are a wet boat, people come out denying it happens, yet on the "wish list" a higher bow is what some would like!

It does happen Noel- but it happens in other boats as well in my experience. It's annoying when it does happen but it doesn't happen often enough IMO to be a major point of concern

Too right Scottar. Welcome to the world of <23" trailerboats.

The only reason for raising the deck mould was to offer more head height in the cabin and a better standing driving position. It would also provide more clearance for opening up the cabin (see the Vixen 5.25 design).

I've taken waves over the nose of a 60" game boat, it happens in rough enough conditions and if you hit one at the wrong angle.

Another recent example. Guy arrives at the pontoon the other day with a Victory and 200 Yam complaining about it being wet. A run with LF and quick diagnosis to work out the bloke couldn't drive the thing despite having owned boats for 20 years.

Some basic training, brown pants stuff around the bar to show him what the hull can actually do, and fixing dealer set up errors and he cannot believe the difference.

So, driving with brown undies doesn't exactly help when trolling, or at anchor........both places I have been in lots of models and got a refreshing surprise.

damn, was hoping they would improve new models, but looks like the same old boat. Even the dash is still built for 1980's model electronics. No provisions for an anchor winch, old fashioned bow sprit. What a shame. Did they actually do anything besides make them as heavy as they used to be?

I Put my deposit down on a bass straight ocean pro 6m.
    by the time you #### around rebuilding the hull and trailer giving away the etec to some unsuspecting gypsy to get a four banger you may aswell go brand new.
    Set it up the way you want the engine you want and you will have a boat that will see your days out.
    I test drove the vagabond with 200 etec on it and the bass straight with 225 4.2lt Yamaha in similar conditions and it was night and day not a drop of water in the bass straight except for the rain as it had no bimini yet as for the vagabond it was soaking wet within 5 mins full bimini and clears and you needed ear plugs in
    and could not even talk to the bloke standing right next to you.
    I know which boat I would rather have if you have the money to afford to run twin engines get a 23foot Cat Kevlar or noosa if you cant afford to run twins get a bass straight or edencraft 6m.
    O and don't forget the bigger you go its a pain in the arse to park or tow long distance not much fun on family holidays not every one likes boating/fishing.

One of the main reasons I sold my victory was under floor tank size .. What's the biggest tank size has any victory owner up graded too .. THG saying 270L under floor wouldn't that run into the step down well to get into cabin therefore making head hight into cabin worse
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

If you are onto a good thing, stick to it. The Victory is one of the best under 20 foot hulls built in Australia. Some of the recreated V19's are good, but it's an old hull, and as John Haines Snr said himself, the Victory is simply better than the older girls and a much nicer finish. I have a 12" screen on my dash and cannot see the reason for needing anything bigger to catch fish and find reef when you can mount a good Furuno on the dash and still see it when fishing down the back, is beyond me.

We had a Victory with self draining deck go up to NT with a 250Ltr tank. From what I've read, they have squeezed a 270Ltr in.

Could you not fit a 250 Vag tank in to a Victory with a slightly higher floor.?
    You would lose the front floor bin but the step down into the cab would probably still mostly remain wouldnt it?