Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Hi Ocean_Spirit.
    I Already had flights booked to go to Brisbane to look @ it then he turns around and says no test drive only run it up on muffs.
    Lucky I paid for these flights using velocity flyer points so not such a big deal.
    Nice boat and all but if he cant spare a couple off hours for a test drive I'm out.
    As for the repairs I'm a diesel mechanic so no big deal I actually enjoy setting them up how I like electics etc.
    Thanks for the offer.
    I'm in no rush I will wait for another one to come along don't want anything more then 10years old .
    Cheers Mark.

OS and Scottar

Do the G2 motors sold here have the same issue as the US ones in that apparently you have to flush them in the down position. If not it seems they wont start next time?
    Could make it hard if you need to tilt it due to where the boat is sitting eg airdock.

Thoughts please

Cheers
    Chimo

I would assume so Chimo but couldn't be 100%. It's not my motor so I haven't read the manual.

Blog Entries

That does look a good boat the one on boatsonline with 175 di top money as you really need to factor in an engine as well sometime iam in market for one as well hopefully some similar will come up

There is a 2012 Victory for sale at John Crawford Marine at the moment. Would be a haines group built one though I assume.

Hi Mark
    I took the same motor off mine a couple of years back
    I reckon you want more than 145 litres with that one to give decent range.
    There seems to be lots of errors in the specs of that 6.4m victory!
    Good luck with the search but I reckon there will be a repowered one of that age reasonably regularly.
    If your over here anytime , I am more than happy to take you for a spin on mine.
    Cheer Mark
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    OS and Scottar

Do the G2 motors sold here have the same issue as the US ones in that apparently you have to flush them in the down position. If not it seems they wont start next time?
    Could make it hard if you need to tilt it due to where the boat is sitting eg airdock.

Thoughts please

Cheers
    Chimo
    Chimo,

As Scott said, it's not recommended. Flushing a 2S period (be it Yamaha, Mercury, Evinrude) should NEVER be done with the engine tilted. Exhaust ports on cylinders are connected directly to the cooling system aka flush water outflow to exhaust.

Engines should be flushed in the same position / angle at which they operate.

I cannot find a fault on the G2 now after having had a few good runs in it. A very smooth, quiet, powerful engine. The steering system is excellent, and throttle response is instant. Loads of low down and mid range torque.

So running and flushing anywhere within the trim but not the tilt range would be safe and the way to go as long as the leg inlet was fed by muffs and the muffs were above the sea water level when the boat was stored on an air berth or similar?

An interesting discussion on Etec owners group on the G2 flushing--
    http://www.etecownersgroup.com/post/...the-g2-7421156
    "Unlike Gen 1 E-TEC's, all Gen 2 E-TEC's must be flushed with the engine in the vertical position. All water must be left to drain out before taking the engine to full tilt up. Failure to do this may cause water to enter the lower cylinders."

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    So running and flushing anywhere within the trim but not the tilt range would be safe and the way to go as long as the leg inlet was fed by muffs and the muffs were above the sea water level when the boat was stored on an air berth or similar?
    Correct.

The issue is isolated to back flushing where pressure build up can cause water to enter the lower cylinders.
    If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow. JOHN WAYNE

Hi guys.
    When exactly was the last seafarer victory made by Lindsey fry till the end of 2006 or till December 2007.
    That 2006 with the brand new 225 Yamaha is looking pretty sweet just waiting on some more pics to get sent threw.

You talking about the one in NSW? that is a Fry boat!

That's the one Dave.
    He said it had a 200hp etec HO on it previously that racked up 700hrs I assume that's nothing for a hull of this quality?
    Sounds like he has spent a fair bit of coin on it new motor electronics ect hence the hefty price tag.
    Thanks for the offer Tenzing give a bell if I'm over that way much appreciated.

Hi Mark,

Yes he had it for sale before with an etec. Then the ad went down and looks like he put in the new motor. I got to see a few pics of it before the new ad. He mostly had pics of the outside, not so much the inside of the boat.

Last boats were built by Lindsay b/w October - November 2007. All the original "Haines" hulls used for the brochure shoots were also built by Lindsay. A lot of hull and deck moulds were done by Lindsay and then tooled up by Haines. I was down there quite a lot during that time, and had a Vermont 5.9 built.

I've got a shot of the last 3 boats to leave the factory.

The Haines guys spent a month in the factory pre handover and were blown away by the attention to detail and build quality he had in place. But back to that Victory, yes, it is an LF boat.