Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

So it sounds like the G2 hit the G-spot Scotty??

Question is, can you make it look any better though???

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    So it sounds like the G2 hit the G-spot Scotty??

Question is, can you make it look any better though???
    LOL. Half it's luck if it did. I don't seem to get to any more. Certainly though, longevity aside (and time will tell on that), the engine has put BRP back into consideration. They seem to have a mountain of torque in so much that when you reach the point where the hull would be starting to have trouble deciding to get on the plane with the G1 (bow in the air), the G2 will just hold it there until it climbs out. It is quieter than a G1 as well. As for the looks - certainly initially it's like being slapped in the face with a fish but it grows on you - well it did on me. The colour scheme on the side plates on this rig actually matches in very nicely with the Seafarer colours.

They look like a motor with a mankini stretched over them, you could wear a matching one scottar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    They look like a motor with a mankini stretched over them, you could wear a matching one scottar.
    It's a thought Fed, wouldn't be pretty, but it's a thought. Come to think of it, you should probably keep thoughts like that to yourself - less chance of mass optic nerve damage and a lot less mental scaring and shrink bills.

Anyone selling or know anyone selling a late model Lindsey fry 6.0m victory @ the moment.
    Thanks In advanced.

There's one on boatpoint at the moment with a near new yammy 225.

Mark

Or this one for $27K less , enough for a new motor if you ever need it, http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-fo...=0&pss=Premium

Cheers
    Chimo

PS One would think if it was going to blow up it would have by now!

Keen to hear how the economy of the G2 is like compared to the G1 from the last page.. Any hints??

On an aside - The Muir DFF08 in our Victory worked a treat in pulling up what seemed like half of harry atkinsons reef over the weekend !!!!
    Got the anchor stuck and pulling it up bit by bit, managed to free it with something heavy attached.. Reversed slowly for about a mile to the closest shallow spot and was able to get our anchor up to see a reef anchor, 5 ropes or so heading underwater, chunk of wood/weed. Cut off the ropes and was free again. There must be 100's of anchors down there!

Trimtabs are still waiting to go in --- work and fishing gets in the way of mods
    Waiting for a blown out weekend to get into it!

I like this one but the guy seems very difficult to deal with I am going over in December to have a look I asked him if we could take it for a test run and he says its out of the question seems a bit weird really want to go for a ride in one as never been in one.
    http://m.boatsonline.com.au/boats-fo...er-boat/173245

Mate I wouldnt buy a second hand boat i couldnt go for a ride in. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Absolutely as ozscott has posted - wouldn't even bother looking at it unless he comes around to having a test run. Tell him you will spot a couple of hundred for the fuel if that's what he's worried about with the agreement it comes out of the purchase price if you go ahead. That engine is not an E-Tec either. That HP E-Tec not only looks different but wasn't released until 2005. From the pics it does look pretty clean though.

Thanks guys.
    Yes I'm of the same opinion lot of money to spend when you can't test drive especially when I need to truck back over to WA might be a bit of a lemon hopefully another one will pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppo BNE View Post
    Keen to hear how the economy of the G2 is like compared to the G1 from the last page.. Any hints??
    At around 3000 - 3500rpm - just on plane - My Victory with trim tabs and a Permatrim to get the hull into it's most economical attitude - 1.1-1.2 Km/L. Venom with no tabs or foil with G2 - 2Km/L. Somewhat better.

I wouldn't buy without a test ride. Make him a silly offer and leave it at that.

Another one will come along I'm sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark,

I am familiar with that particular Victory from when the original owner held it. It's a well fitted out boat, notwithstanding, I don't understand what his intention is with the hand winch (or lack thereof) on the trailer... Why don't you have a dealer check the boat out with agreement that you will pay for the inspection - I can give you the name of an Evinrude dealer in Brisbane and a good shipwright (not to survey, but to check the critical signs as they say)... The trailer and electronics you have to expect may need some love and attention. Factor in new batteries and overhauling calipers and bearings as mandatory.

Another option. There is a Victory for sale (just listed) down in Yamba NSW. An older 6.0m, repowered with a 175hp Suzuki. I know this boat from mooring my Victory next to his once a year. Yes, it's an older one, and yes, it's not cosmetically the same as a newer one, but it's quite a good rig. And you could ideally get into it for low $40's.