Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Seafarer Appreciation thread

Re: Seafarer Appreciation thread

But quite manageable with reasonable boat handling.

Chimo

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    I worked for seafarer when this boat was built. They built some awesome boats and I'm a big fan, and I have owned many seafarers in my 40 odd boat ownership.

It is common knowledge however that the 6.2m hull that this boat is based upon has a habit of dipping the nose and taking some water over the how. Any research into the vagabond which was a popular cabin boat based on this hull would show this trait is common.

I take it from the seaspear comment this was a big issue for fishard. Basic research should have prepared you for this trait. I've heard it mentioned many times on this forum.

Darren

Darren
    The trait is common - but not only to Seafarer. Anyone who has spent any time in the first CC Outsiders will also attest to this - only difference being the water rolled down the walk arounds and into the cockpit as well. I've done it in the bay with a current gen CC625 hull. I've even managed to dip the nose on a 6.8 metre alloy Senator. Spend enough time in rough water at the wrong speeds (sometimes doing stuff you probably shouldn't have) and you will dip the tip.

They all dip the nose
    I only had problems in the short sharp chop with dipping the nose but once you learnt how to drive them in those conditions it was fine there was always the odd wave that would tell you otherwise on the not so good days ...Lol..
    in the 500hours I put on my 2002 5.5 vouge it may of dipped the nose maybe 10 times mainly in a following westerly
    my next boat was a 2004 victory with a 200 Jon/Suzuki first thing I did was sail track the clears to the screen and in the 700 hours i put on that boat it may of dipped the nose maybe 6 times in shitty conditions ... i used to cross the pin bar regularly and never once felt unsafe Evan having surfed the victory down the face of 2m runout pressure waves on 2 different occasions the boat showed no signs broaching at all although the heart beat rises a bit ..

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    once you learnt how to drive them in those conditions..
    With the clears up . It was the Pin bar where I dipped the Senator - thank god for hardtops - makes the exercise sooooooo much more enjoyable.

Anyone else been looking for storage out of the way for a couple of jerry cans once they are empty on the longer trips and have the Seafarer factory canopy extension fitted. Here is one possible solution that was inspired by a recent trip with Bannana.
    20150921_101529.jpg 20150921_101652.jpg

All up cost about $90.00 excluding the jerry cans and tie downs. I will probably cover the cans with something to try and keep them from blowing up with the heat during the day.

Small silver tarp and loosen the vent just a tad and all good to go above the sunbrella. Could do the same on top of the hard top with them in a silver tarp sausage and tied of to the SS grab rails.

Cheers
    Chimo

Didn't think of the silver tarp option - thanks Chimo. Another trip to Bunnings LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Anyone else been looking for storage out of the way for a couple of jerry cans once they are empty on the longer trips and have the Seafarer factory canopy extension fitted. Here is one possible solution that was inspired by a recent trip with Bannana.
    20150921_101529.jpg 20150921_101652.jpg

All up cost about $90.00 excluding the jerry cans and tie downs. I will probably cover the cans with something to try and keep them from blowing up with the heat during the day.

that was one of the main reasons i sold my victory as it only had 180L fuel under floor.on those extended trips i used to carry 7 jerries when fishing and would get the shits at the end of the day rearranging the boat for the night bunk down only to go through the same thing in the morning before before you wet a line.

i looked at ways to stow the empty jerries and dummied up that exact same thing on the extension with 3 empty jerries and went for a run offshore down here those extensions rattle around a fair bit so chose not to stow them up high on extension ...
    you can fit 3 jerries in between your bow rails on top of your bow sprit and have a solid place too strap them .... i could still use my electric anchor if i needed so that was a bonus .. another place is your swim platforms if you have them it can be a bit tricky strapping them in so they don't float tho... you can also wedge them between the rod holders on your rocket launchers i found that was more stable than the extension ..

i also had a 50L ss water tank underfloor i could of changed over to fuel but didnt see the point as i would only cut down on 2 cans i looked into bladders but didnt like the idea of 100l swimming around on deck if it split.

i would run at 1L-1km
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

I work on 1K to the litre as well. With the main tank, mods to the cabin footwell, the porta-potty removed and no water tank, I can squirrel away about 320 litres with only these two jerries on the floor at the start of the day which will be emptied and stowed prior to fishing - if we cant catch a fish with that amount I think I'll give up. I made the bars the right length to "preload" the extensions so hopefully that should sort a few of the rattles. We'll give it a rip and see what happens. The cabin is a bit cosy and will need emptying at bed time but in a 6 metre rig that was always going to be the case.

Yeah I love this clip. I appear at 6.15 mins as the demo driver on the Vagabond.
    My new girlfriend at the time took a day off uni to come out with us, but she kept looking away from the camera unfortunately, so no footage of her was utilised. Afterwards we went to Sanctuary Cove and I cant really say what happened in that spacious cabin that evening.
    What I can report is that when the 6.2m console passed us that morning, there was no point in chasing it. It flew.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I lived for Chris Conroy's World of Boats.
    And defineately one of the very best hair pieces ever seen on television. How it stayed put during windy boat tests I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Poker View Post
    Yeah I love this clip...My new girlfriend at the time took a day off uni to come out with us, but she kept looking away from the camera unfortunately, so no footage of her was utilised. Afterwards we went to Sanctuary Cove and I cant really say what happened in that spacious cabin that evening.
    Mate as you keep seeing on this forum "It didnt happen without pictures".

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Q Did the new girlfriend become the wife? If so pics should be possible, if not pics could be politically unhealthy for Shark Poker.

A ?

Oz we have to play fair.

Cheers
    Chimo

PS Oz been to repco or the web site yet?

Who was Chris Conroy? Is he still around?

Does Lindsay or Doug appear in any videos?