Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turn It Up.!

Re: Turn It Up.!

Well said Deano. I have ranted and raved about this topic before..so I wont go on again. The blokes at the filleting table were astounded when I told them I have never eaten, nor killed a Monduran barra out of all the ones I have caught.

Why eat that crap when you can have coral trout or Red emporer and the like!!!!

If you cant eat a fish without soaking it first in Lemon juice, milk, soda water, lemonade, garlic or whatever the 'secret' is for making impoundment barra taste better...then its not worth eating!!

Brian, I still cant stop shaking my head at that fat barra in your aviator!!!!

looks like a barra head stuck onto a medicine ball mate hey
    I think it was Ben who said "who ate all the pies?" - made me laugh.
    Sent one of your old sticks, the abu morrum, on to a better home today, going to be used for a weipa trip by its new owner.
    Just wondering, what have you got ya zillion attatched to, is it an egrell??
    Last edited by BR65; 26-02-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Brian, Yeah, Egrell B8-6 (8kg). It was interesting to see how many blokes had problems with sticky drags out of the box. Mine was OK, but I reckon the TD advantage Supertuneds are still better, especially for nearly half the price. I just put Yamatoyo PE 44lb braid on...OH yeah it casts nice. Havent got a barra on it yet to test it, but it should go well. Going out first light tommorrow.!!

cheers steve.....sorry to hijack your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ethan1 View Post
    I dont know how many times you see people land a barra, hold them up by the jaw, stuff around and you think they must be going to keep that one as it's been out too long and then they let her go. I saw one boat on the weekend just spear the 90cm odd fish back in to the drink, they had had it out for ages.
    Ethan

Saw a similar thing way up in B at the weekend from a troller. Looked like he speared (or dropped ) the fish in from around shoulder height. Had it out for quite some time and left me shaking my head. Did the boat have a mini version of "man's best friend" aboard by chance. That's how we knew they were hooked up...Fido was going off big time

Cheers
    Paul

BIG Ren, we were right up near H , we called these guys' dad and dave' like the movie, as they were making that much noise and carrying on, they caught 2 fish that we saw and and they said they landed 2 more earlier. I dont know how. They grab the barra out of net by the bottom jaw beside the boat and heaved into boat. took photos for ages and discussed whether to keep it for a friend or not then through her back, so many people keep fish, its like they want a return on the money they've spent on the weekend in fish fillets.
    Ethan