Thread: Caloundra 12 Mile Marks

Caloundra 12 Mile Marks

Hi all,
    Me, Dad and some of his friends are heading to Caloundra 12 mile next sunday just wondering if anyone has any decent marks for the area for us to throw the pic and have a fish woth some plastics.

Re: Caloundra 12 Mile Marks

There are plenty of internet sites and books at BCF with generic GPS marks for the 12 mile however for decent marks, you will have to take the time to explore the area yourselves.

Good luck thou, as it looks like another crappy week on the water.

BS

Cool Re: Caloundra 12 Mile Marks

hey mate some guys are a little protective of thier spots you'd think there were only one or two spots in the ocens. try this spot 26 49 458 153 16 377 it is a big pinnicle have caught snapper cobia and parrot here. if you sound north around this area you will you will find large car size lumps of reef which a different times hold nice snapper. hope this helps and get amonst some big ones,

thing is, there are over 5000 ausfish members, most in SEQ, plus heaps more who are not members who visit the site. Posting up one mark can result in lots of people getting the mark and some concentrated fishing effort on that spot. Better to send a PM or just give a generic mark for the area.

There is much more satisfaction in sounding an area out and finding your own marks and catching fish off your own spot.

Jeremy

yeah but noone even give him a starting point those points in those books are sh** at least he might catch a feed then he can look around. if everyone goes to my spot so be it, everyone got help from someone in the start. at this stage i think fisherman should start helping each other, good luck whale bone get in them knobbies

Hey well said Kel!!!! Good on ya for tryin to help a guy out. We all hold our best spots close to our chest so it doesnt hurt to throw a few around. Hey you never gave me that spot before

Yep i'll second that supa29. There just marks, sure ive got afew that are in the vault( the ones others have given me) but handing out general locations or resonable marks that help a newbee get a start is great!! Bottom bashing is getting boring anyway!!!!
    Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

There are a lot of factors involved in catching fish. In my opinion, these marks never fish the same day in day out.

WhaleBone PM sent.

Cheers,
    Wags

Whale Bone,

I will send you a couple when get thebook out of the boat.

There are heaps of places there and over the years I must have been given dozens of spots to try and never stayed at one of them. Once you get ther eyou'll sound around and find your own bit of paridise. We do well there for Spaniards fromnow till may so get the trolling going and what the sounder, before you know it you'll be letting those pilllies float to the bottom for a big spangled emporer(if it get past the mackeral)

Good Luck, Tony