Thread: Poppers for Noosa River

Poppers for Noosa River

Hi all,
    Will be hitting Noosa River for Easter on a houseboat with my tinny. Over the next 4 weeks I intend to build up an arsenal of hard bodies to throw around, starting with poppers. Are there fish that would respond to poppers in the Noosa and what would be good starting purchases for a beginner? I'll be using 6 and 10lb. spin gear. Any advice much appreciated.

Greg.

Re: Poppers for Noosa River

Storm Chugbugs (around 100mm long) do ok on the trevs in woods bay.

oddbudman

I like the pop queens and I hear people are getting good results on the lucky craft sammy. Pricey though. If your using poppers use mono leader and fluro leader for divers

Cultiva Gobo's work really well. They're not too bloopy for a cup faced popper, more spitty. So they can be worked pretty fast across the surface, Trevs Queenies, Tailor etc love that.

Don't forget Heddons tiny torpedoes and jitterbugs.

Luc

Thanks heaps for the replies lads. I think I'll go one of each. And the no fluro for surface fishing as well was something I would never of considered myself.

Cheers,
    Greg.

ok as oldbudman said storm chug bugs are awsome and the rapala skita pops as well, river to sea bubble pops in the 35mm, 45mm, 65mm, 88mm all work as well as heddon zara puppys, river to sea rovers, cultiva zipen ziggys and the gobo popper as tiges said are wicked for noosa. dont forget to get a towadi as well or a tiamco red pepper and if you want a good popper 4 casting a long distance not much can beat a halco rooster popper, thay cast a mile. but dont forget to get some plastic prawns 4 when they just when they wont hit a popper. i forgot the elcheapo shore catch poppers work a treat as well
    figjam :wink:

i dont think the fluro leader will stuff your action that much (thats all i use ) and if it is sinking to much put a thin smear of vasaline or line flotent on and you will have no worries, i use this stuff called mucilin and its awsome stuff. i would not use 6lb in noosa unless i was chasing shy bream, id try and keep it ubove 10lb and you should fine. good luck dude
    figjam :wink: