Thread: Newbie

Hi all, happend to stumble uppon this forum by chance & decided to join up as it looks to be a wealth of knowledge! Looking forward to learning a heap more as Iam a mad keen angler. Anyhow just thought I would post up to say hi!

Re: Newbie

Hi T Bone,

Well I havn't been here that long either actually, but have gained a wealth of information from those far more knowledgeable.......Only had a 10 foot tinny until santa arrived with a 4.3 quintrex with 40 yammy......... Hardly a scratch coming down the chimney too.

So welcome and enjoy

Good fishing

gaz

Welcome to the site,hope you get some great tips and where do you fish and what do you fish for?
    Regards
    Dylan

hi welcome to the site i hope you learn plenty of info.

regards,
    keechie

(p.s. this site is addicting )

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting through the forum & having a really good look around. I fish mainly shore based around metro S.A & dont have a boat at the moment (due to buying a new 4wd), the boat will be next. Just looking for a decent 4+m tinny to get me through untill I can afford something in the 5.5m range.
    Usually target whatever is available & enjoy any type of fishing (bar Fly as I dont have the skill! ) Will be heading over to Fiji next week for 7 days for my brothers wedding, so will have 6 days of fishing. Hope to be getting onto a charter & catching some decent fish. Will be sure to get some photos up in the next couple of weeks!
    Last edited by T BONE; 18-02-2008 at 10:58 PM.

ohh fishing in fiji went there for a ten day holiday 2 years ago fished 9 days due to cyclonic weather on the 6th day, its great fun i hope you catch plenty of big fish.

regards,
    keechie

Quote Originally Posted by Keechie View Post
    ohh fishing in fiji went there for a ten day holiday 2 years ago fished 9 days due to cyclonic weather on the 6th day, its great fun i hope you catch plenty of big fish.

regards,
    keechie

Thanks mate, hope I catch plenty of big fish too!! Have my fingers crossed there isnt going to be any cyclones as I hear they only had one a few weeks back & its the right time of year for em'!!

welcome T Bone

cheers Paul