Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jewie lures

Re: Jewie lures

Thank you very much for that Mark.

It's the North side that I've tried a few times - before the closure.

Thanks also for the comments about the lures. If you or any other Ballina/Lennox fishers find a home made lure with 'RWA' behind the bib its one of mine. Hope that you can make good use of it and it catches you some fish.

Have had a few goes throwing some lures off the rocks further up the coast but the recent big seas have made it too risky of late.

Best regards, Rob.

No worries Rob,

Going on my first dozen or so trips there you will go through plenty of lures. From memory 5 in one arvo was my personal record. Not proud of that but I guess they were costing me $5 a throw homemade, so apart from the sentimental loss its not so bad.

The trick is to get the bouancy right so they have the weight for casting yet float to the top quickly so you can avoid the ledge at the front.

Rgds mark

Here we go Rob the pics are a bit dodgy, taken with my phone. The lures themselves are a 5" and 7" version. The 5" from memory weighs about 55gms and the 7" weighs about 80gms. Both cast like a bullet, dive to about 5-6ft depending on the bib angle.
    They are rough but are made to catch fish not fisherman

Im currently using 50lb mainline to 100lb trace when live baiting for jew as some of the areas i fish are simply to rocky to let a fish run. But for luring jews im using 30lb mono on my saltist. It packs just over 330m on it and the drag can be cranked right up so hopefully it should do the trick when i hook up a good fish on a lure.