Thread: West lakes 15th feb or proving rubber bands catch fish

West lakes 15th feb or proving rubber bands catch fish

So Friday the 15th my RDO, I decided to find a new spot X at the lake and to continue to use these two flies

Well the green one is mark three.
    Anyway I headed to the new spot X at about 7.15 am I hit , or rather entered the water .Out of my first four cast two were snags ,with thoughts of losing another green fly I managed to get it back with no damage.
    So I moved along and realized that the green fly I tied the night before was to heavy for my 6weight,and i was trying to cast into the wind .
    Anyway one muffed cast and I am on with a small fish then off just as quick.Few more casts and nothing .
    So I moved along again second cast same thing on and off .At least the fly is getting some attention.
    New spot and I cast the fly not far from shore just near the edge of the drop off.And I was just about to start counting to 10 and bang I am on.this fish was well and truly ON.

I landed him and could not see the fly .So I did something I normally don't do to little fish ,I measured him .He was a whole 7cms from tail fork to head .As a mark of respect or the fact he was so STUPID for swallowing the entire fly
    Anyway heres the damage he did and a note for young players always carry needle nose pliers to save flies etc.

Once I let him go I tried again and lost another fish.By this time I had traveled up the beach so I changed flies and tried the rubber band coloured fly and work my way back to my car .But no takers not one fish showed any interest in this one.

So by 8.45 I had decided to take my aching arm home and have breakfast.
    Cheers
    Until tomorrow

Re: West lakes 15th feb or proving rubber bands catch fish

LOOKOUT MAN! Those flies are eating your biscuit!

Re: West lakes 15th feb or proving rubber bands catch fish

Quote Originally Posted by BaitThrower View Post
    LOOKOUT MAN! Those flies are eating your biscuit!
    HAhahahaha .that pesky bream ate the green off the rubber band and he was trying to eat my fingers before i used my needle nose pliers to rescue the fly from its throat.
    All fixed ready to go again tomorrow