Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northpine fishing partner

Re: Northpine fishing partner

Any luck with the bream LGM?

Not too much luck on the bream mate. We left the dam and headed to the North Pine River at Lawnton, about two hundred metres down from the rail bridge on the west side. I was tossing some small plastics around for just two small bream for three hours fishing. The tide was coming in and the water was moving pretty quick.
    But my boy was getting some nice whiting on little bits of chicken in the shallow water. ( made him feel much better after the wasp sting )
    The mullet were thick as in the river, jumping everywhere.

I forgot to mention this bit before, my ten minutes fishing the dam on Saturday morning had me getting the biggest birdnest I've ever seen. I moved my rod over my shoulder for a long cast and really gave it some grunt, my lure hooked onto the really long grass just behind me and that's where it stayed as I flicked my rod forward...I didn't know what had happened, and just stared at the giant birdnest in front of me...wasp stings and huge tangled birdnests ( I might take up needlepoint instead )
    Last edited by Little grey men; 25-02-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Went to NPD on Sunday am.. tried to find the area you guys were talkin about at mcgavin.. i cant seem to find a way to get bedhind the dam wall.. anyway as i drove that road that runs behind it found a creek / stream and tried chucking spinners an g vibes.. nothing.. i tried to walk further but i was stopped by bushes... i then attempted to go down to the dam from mcgavins... boy that was a trek .. and it got too hot... didnt even cast and went back to the car... tried fishing at lake kurwongbah.. but a bunch of guys had some remote controlled sailboat racing... so we ended up hiring a boat from bears and drove around... didnt get much except for a couple hundred mozzie bites from gettin too close to the estuary shores of the pine..

fishoby11

Anywhere below the dam wall is available for canoe/kayack fishing.

There are also areas beyond the backed up water of the dam where you can use canoes/kayacks at times.

Luc

Thanks Luc - although I am fairly local, I am new at this so am still trying to work things out. Now that I have my electric for my canoe, I'm keen to give the fresh areas a go, so will have a sniff around for the areas you are talking about. Will get my refidex out - it should be evident from that and give me an idea of where I may be able to launch in the river just below the dam, at least until the permit scheme is up again and I can get into the dam where I really want to be :-)

Try to use google earth or UBD to find the road behind the dam. the spillway is only good at night as it is shallow, you mainly get dewfish and lungies there. The pumping station is where you want to be using poppers or live shrimp on a float. there is othere walking acess but you will have to get your map and explore, Icarnt quite tell you where to go but you will find good spots along the river by walking. there is a 20ft hole in the river and on the drop off is a good spot to try.

PLEASE DONT REMOVE FISH FROM THIS RIVER!!!! as this only gets stocked every time the flood gates are opened. And this can take many years as we have seen.The fish are not the best eating as there is no flow in the river.

TIGHT LINES EVERYONE!!!!!!

Opps forgot a hint for ya's Dead end streets

Thanks Huff. If I make it there and manage to catch anything, will release for sure - thanks for pointing that out. Am keen to get the canoe in - so will explore the river a bit. Have a depth sounder fitted, so should be able to find that hole if I'm lucky.