Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northpine fishing partner

Re: Northpine fishing partner

Yuo can fish behide the wall. I came across the ranger and he said we could not put petrol powered boats in here But said nothing about the fishing and we were fishing while we were there. No signs saying you carnt fish eather. there are a few keen anglers that fish this regualy.

Quite a few fish around the Mcgavins area ( the wall ) but it is very snaggy. Everytime I fish there I pull up old bits of line, sometimes with tackle still attached to it. I was fishing near some asian guys and one gave me a metal slug that he'd hooked while bait fishing.
    Last time I was there I lost a Spinnerbait ( hard to do ) and a mazzy Vibe, not a good trip as I rarely lose any lures there. Loosing two in one trip hurts bad.

I feel ya pain!

Okay. Thanks fo that.

i fished npd today.the amount of long grass is unbelievable....and thats before you get to the water.lol.real tough to fish with the amount of submerged vegetation.managed one little fella about 35cm..fish seem to be holding around the fringes as theres plenty of baitfish in the grass.

sooo.. its saturday tomorrow.... whos going ?.. i'm a maybe cause i might need to go to work to do stuff for a couple of hours.

So did anyone have a fish?

Any takers for Sat late afternoon or Sunday?

Luc
    Last edited by Luc; 23-02-2008 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    So did anyone have a fish?

Any takers for Sat late afternoon or Sunday?

Luc
    well im not going, cause i have heaps of stuff to do at home and it really sucks, hope ya get some, to whoever is going.

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Hi Cammo,

Got to get those browny points. Got an early mark of Friday and got my chores out of the way and went early this morning. Fished the river rather than the dam so no probs with the long grass.

Late this afternoon might still be a bit on the warm side so I'll probably do another AM session on Sunday. Although a popper session on the dam might be interesting!

Luc

sounds like you know what your doing, haha. me on the other hand was being lazy. anyway did u catch anything in the river bit?

might i add how frikon hot is it! im sweating atm.

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 23-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Got 5 bass, smallest 15cms & biggest 38cms all caught on poppers.
    Tempted to bring the little one but since my fishtank is sitting empty in the garage left him there to get bigger.

Was on the water at 0430 and on my way home by 0630am.

Yep, been bloody hot but the southeaterly change has come through so it's cooling down a bit.

Luc

gee so just in the little river bit you get bass and yellas and stuff. is that the place where its like a gully and a 1 way road behing the wall?do you walk the banks or canoe?i might have a go therer tmro after work if im aloud, i will hopefully be using vibes and spros have u caught them there on spros?, lol sorry i sorta hijaked the thread but i need my fix of fishing after about a month of school and bad weather, im almost shaking!

Cammo

Canoe fishing mostly, easier than scrub bashing.

Bass is the main catch, silvers "in season" when trees drop their little red berries.
    Once in a long while I'll get a tarpon and have caught 1 saratoga from that area.

Mostly use hard bodies (5 to 7 cms) & sometimes spinnerbaits. Have tried plastics with little success. Generally, I don't bother with plastics.

Luc
    Last edited by Luc; 24-02-2008 at 07:24 PM.

I'm a bit confused - where is the river and is it not actually part of the dam and hence not coverred by the full vessel restriction? Thanks.

Fished the dam early Saturday morning, battled through the long grass at Mcgavins to stumble into two very cranky groups of wasps. My young bloke got stung on the neck ( not happy ). Got to the waters edge, cast out...had about two metres of clear lure retreival, then hit the grass...bump, bump,tug,tug..
    Gave up after about ten minutes and went bream fishing instead...Much more pleasant Might head back to the dam in a month or two.