Thread: Any beach worms/yabbies around 1770/Agnes Waters??

Any beach worms/yabbies around 1770/Agnes Waters??

Heading to Agnes for 2 weeks over Xmas from 22nd - 4th Jan. Just wondering if any of the nearby beaches are worth a go for some beach worms?? Also wondering if the yabbies are easy to come by up that way also, if not its a bit less gear that needs to be packed

Re: Any beach worms/yabbies around 1770/Agnes Waters??

We pulled some worms off the surf beach up there in Sept when it was too windy to get offshore. They are there but their size and abundance has a lot to be desired.

So, what you're saying is, that there wasn't many to be caught, and the ones that were, were on the small side?

TOL

Roger.......compared to down here they were very small and not so abundant.........over........

When Team C went for a worm on the Agnes surf beach Black C excelled himself with a good number of large worms and Any C was a disgrace, bugger all worms and most of that was made up with the just the bits of the head. They both had similar intakes of Joy so it was a fair worm off.
    Tangles KFC

I'd also like to add that Team Can't gave us a bum steer as to where the whiting comp was being held......I soley blame Tangles and JD.

It's pretty obvious that team cant were very scared of being outfished in the ting comp so they sent us to a different beach, void of any fish over 5cm....

IF they were WINTER tings thEY should have been LegaL.

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    It's pretty obvious that team cant were very scared of being outfished in the ting comp so they sent us to a different beach, void of any fish over 5cm....
    I have seen you try and catch whiting. They had no reason to be scared!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I'd also like to add that Team Can't gave us a bum steer as to where the whiting comp was being held......I soley blame Tangles and JD.
    Did you a favour, only couple of 3cm queenfish where landed apart from Big C's ting where we ended up.

So what part of the directional thumb over the shoulder did you miss?
    Tangles KFC