Thread: Should Have Stayed At Home !!!!

Should Have Stayed At Home !!!!

I thought it would be nice to take the kids out to maroon dam for some knee boarding and to drag them around on the tube and maybe a fish.

Well i should have bloody well stayed at home 5 mins out of boonah blew a tyre on the boat trailer and you wouldnt believe it i left the spare at home so of i go to get the spare tyre , stuff around for 1.5 hours and finally get going again 5 mins from maroon dam theres an accident on the road and its blocked waited 30 mins for accident to clear , get to maroon dam launch the boat with all the kids gear in it start motor and drive the boat away from the ramp after 2 mins motor over heats and warning buzzar sounds so i tilt the motor and attempt to clear the tell tale it is well blocked with duck weed so off comes the cover and i pulled the tube of the tell tale and drop the bloody tell tale end straight in the water and lost it , well motor cant be opperated now so back on the bloody trailer and of we go home .

a quick stop at maccas for a frozen drink for the kids to try to smooth them over .

i think i might be struggling to get any thing for fathers day

I will get a new end for the tell tale and give it another go next weekend !!!

MONOSTRETCHO

Re: Should Have Stayed At Home !!!!

Bummer mate feel for you. Would suggest problem with overheat will be more than blocked tell tale as the tell tale is only an indicator that water is circulating. I would at least firing the motor up in the muffs prior to going out again. Would be better if you could tank test it as using muffs will force the water into the pump and does not really test the pump.
    Cheers
    Ray

Yeah thanks for that when i carefully placed the telltale end ( lost it in the drink ) and cleaned it out it was pumpung fine but i couldnt use my motor as there wasnt enough hose to poke it outside the couling but i will be getting it serviced this week and will get the water pump impeller changed as a precaution .

MONOSTRETCHO

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Bummer mate feel for you. Would suggest problem with overheat will be more than blocked tell tale as the tell tale is only an indicator that water is circulating. I would at least firing the motor up in the muffs prior to going out again. Would be better if you could tank test it as using muffs will force the water into the pump and does not really test the pump.
    Cheers
    Ray

you can buy flushing bags now in 2 different sizes from bcf

cheers benny

Yep dont you hate days like that.Had a few myselfof late.

At least the kids will always remember it and remind you of it.