Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

River Rally - Post Moretum

Ausfishers,

For those unable to attend the rally here are some photos - I counted 50 boats at one stage but there were probably a few more with comings and goings.

There were a lot of people with cameras so I am sure there will be some better shots circulating than these.

Dave
    Last edited by mod5; 11-02-2008 at 04:45 PM.

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

Good one Dave wasnt so impressive with such a small trurnout but certainly once we got going it certainly made a splash!!! Well done to all who showed their support.

Thanks Dave!

It sure was messy out the back Sandman, was like a washing machine.

Lets just make sure we all get our submisions into the Minister, and get as many others to submit one too!

Cheers

Jim

Talk about messy out the back. Jeeze the river was rougher than the bay.
    Good to see everyone come through it Ok.
    Good on you Dave with the pics, that panorama one is great
    You hit the nail on the head Jim. We all need to do our submissions. Its easy to do online and only takes about 20 mins.

Stue

a couple of others

River Rally - Post Moretum

Hi all,

Thank you to those who attended the rally today. I think we are making some headway particularly the fact we got the Top Dog of the EPA to attend today as well as his counterpart from the Opposition.

All constructive comments welcome as well as new ideas and more volunteers to get this done. Thus far it really has been myself with the help of Phill getting this underway and to make a bigger impact it is going to take more than two people.

Anyway, lets see what Ch7 news have got to say tonight. They put in some time there not a quick in and out so hopefully we get a good showing.

Well I need a rest now. I will read your comments with interest.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

well done Chris..you are to be commended..top effort.

We had a great day 11 people on board, about 50 boats I counted, we had a Photographer from Quest newspapers on Board as well
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Steve Brown and I are working on some great pics.Keep watching
    David

It was Channel 7 that topped the day of course ( LOL) Someone must have arranged that ,ho hum.
    Yep,well done lads.Congratulations all round.Wait for some great pics I will be posting soon.
    Regards David

My thanks to everyone involved, particularly Chris and Phill.

Special thanks to my beloved deckie who didn't get to bed at all last night and came on the rally straight from work.

There's over 65 pics on the camera so it'll be a while before I get them sorted.

My thanks also to 3 hard working wheels who got me home when no 4 blew a bearing on the way down

The day was rounded off with an hours fishing that produced a 42cm cod and a 37cm squire.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Qdos to you Dave for getting Ch7 there. Already seen the News shorts in the telly and it looks a little more than a 15sec grab for it to get on that.

Thanks Greg for the support - nice to see your new rig out there today. Hope Mike was on his best behaviour

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

would have been better if a few more attended WE have to be strong in numbers
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    Qdos to you Dave for getting Ch7 there. Already seen the News shorts in the telly and it looks a little more than a 15sec grab for it to get on that.

Thanks Greg for the support - nice to see your new rig out there today. Hope Mike was on his best behaviour

Chris
    LOL @ Mike,,took me and the rest of the crew to keep him under control..LOL

Post Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

Hi all,

If you missed the rally on the Brisbane River today or if you live out of this region, please watch Channel 7 news tonight in QLD as they are running a piece on the event. It is their "whats on 7 news tonight" grab so it looks like we are getting a good hearing. Time will tell but lets see what happens.

Cheers,
    Chris

p.s. If you said "What Rally?" I suggest you read the NEWS section on here a little more frequently
    Cheers,
    Chris