Re: Views of the washing machine today

try again - couple more
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where's that "Apocalypse Now" music when ya' need it!!
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    A big thanks to both Chris and Phill, the day was a buzz and i really think we got our message across. Yes it was a bit choppy but the Hornet handled it well, although it was close a few times we never got any water in the boat.
    Pleased to see Kev (Kingtin) and Family on the water, catch up soon for that coffee mate. Said good day to a bloke just launching at Ross Street, didn't know who it was, so good to sort of meeting you Lucky Phill. Red Speckle (Mitch) was another Ausfish member who i met today when his sails pulled his anchor and he came along side.
    But Poodroo, i looked for you but not knowing what sort of boat you have had me at a disadvantage, maybe we will catch up next time. I was anchored up in close to the action.
    Please, everyone do not forget to lodge you submissions, it's very important!

Cheers,
    Obi_Wan
    Obi_Wan it is a shame that we didn't actually meet. I was in the the white Blue Fin runabout 4.0 Discovery which was flying the biggest Australian flag off the aerial. I also had a hand written sign off the back. Photo's courtesy of dnej (David)

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

Poodroo, Thats good to hear that some non members are starting to understanding just what is going on.
    For a number of months now i have been talking to other fisherman at the boat ramps and it is amazing just how many do not know any thing about the proposed Green Zones, when i have informed them they just say, "They can't do That" very bloody frustrating mate.
    Unfortunately i missed you today, i didn't know what sort of boat you had.

Cheers,
    Obi_Wan

i would have prefferd a stering wheel to the tiller it was pretty rough surfing the wash than sinking into the bottom of it . There was a lot of weed clumps floating (also saw the same weed in the pine ) in the river , i thought my prop was playing up , it would rev real bad over 10 k's like it was not in gear so we putted along for half the way back before i realised there was a plant wraped around the prop . I feel like a dumb ass for not cheacking it but i did not want to lift the motor in the washing machine and cause any problems , any way all is good and we had a good day .

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

Can someone YouTube it?
    Will also help spread the word

Poodroo, yeah mate i saw you, i was anchored up just behind the Grey jet boat who had another boat tied beside him. There are a number of pic's on just about all the threads on todays run that has a pic of my boat. Next time maybe, was a good day.
    Cheers,
    Obi_Wan.

Poodroo, yeah mate i saw you, i was anchored up just behind the Grey jet boat who had another boat tied beside him. There are a number of pic's on just about all the threads on todays run that has a pic of my boat. Next time maybe, was a good day.
    Cheers,
    Obi_Wan.
    The boat that was tied off with that jet boat was flying a little Australian flag which I gave to him back at the Comslie Ramp. He mentioned that he should have had a flag at least and it was Poodroo to the rescue. Just so happened I had a spare. Will definitely have to meet up some day be it on or off the water.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Had some mechanical problems when on the bay yesterday, so didn't get my boat along. Managed to arrange a ride with another mate fortunately. We had a good chuckle at your kids eating preference.

Thanks to the organisers.

The river fishermen should get used to those conditions - If the zones go ahead the river might have a bit more traffic on it than it did today!

We made the Courier Mail Online site

We made the Courier Mail :

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...0-3102,00.html

Not much of a story though.

Graham.

Re: We made the Courier Mail Online site

I think this shows the Courier Mails true colours

The article is basically a push against the rec fisho. Three lines about rec fishos and 27 lines pushing the EPA/Tourism bandwagon

It fits in line with the other biased unsubstatiated crap that the CM has been publishing recently

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

But the Queensland Tourism Industry Council has called on protection to be extended to include more offshore reefs, including important dive locations such as the Manta Ray Bommies, China Wall and Dugong feeding areas.

Thats funny I havn't seen a dugong offshore and I didn't know we were against the tourism industry
    Thank you to the good old courrier mail for the misinformation
    another good story.
    Also note that there is no mention of the enormous dollars spent by rec fisherman on boats tackle clubs etc which I would say would probably exceed both the commercial and tourism dollars put together
    "light gear big fish big fun"

After spending almost a year banging at their door about this, nothing surprises me about their response.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Disappointing story. Ah well, nice photo though.

Poodroo

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

Poodroo, Thats good to hear that some non members are starting to understanding just what is going on.
    For a number of months now i have been talking to other fisherman at the boat ramps and it is amazing just how many do not know any thing about the proposed Green Zones, when i have informed them they just say, "They can't do That" very bloody frustrating mate.
    Unfortunately i missed you today, i didn't know what sort of boat you had.

Cheers,
    Obi_Wan
    That conception that the general recreation fisherman has about what can and can't be done to our fishing lifestyle is so frustratingly annoying. Firstly the government can and will impose restrictions that will affect all of us and secondly once the recreational fishermen is aware of what is being proposed the majority are prepared to sit back thinking that it will never happen because too many fishermen and women will be opposed to it and hope that someone like ourselves will get up and fight it. The result is only the minority get up to fight but it is normally too little too late. When the green zones go ahead then the majority will stand up and want to fight, bitch, moan, and groan but it will be too late. Just as well the minority (us) know how to get noticed. Well done once again to everyone who gave their time up on the day. Obi_Wan at least I know your boat now so I will make sure I will find you in amongst the crowds next time.

Regards,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 11-02-2008 at 07:01 AM.