Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

Re: Views of the washing machine today

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnB View Post
    I think your Mrs should put you to work as a photographer Kev.
    Some brilliant pics mate.

Cheers Dazza
    Cheers dazza but I've been there mate. Nothing worse than trying to photograph kids that haven't had their morning sleep or grooms that are still hung over from the night before

Those are low resolution...............anyone wanting an original just throw me a pm.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    We also have footage being edited which was shot from one of the boats today. Once we have it, we'll let you know.

Also CH7 said they will have the footage online soon. I will asking for a DVD from them on the footage as well.

Cheers,
    Chris
    G'day Chris

Any chance of burning a copy from CH 7 and from the boat for me please?

Verbatim or TDK discs seem to be better in playing back through DVD player on TV.

I've used Baulkpac a few times and not very good, too many times pixilates and then freezers. Gave those the flick Cheers, Peter

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

Hey bondy. Will give you a shout when I get it from them.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

Quote Originally Posted by whynott View Post
    It was fun to be a marshal, along with Poodroo at the Comslie ramp.
    Well we did our good deed for the day.

Was able to strike up some good conversations with a few people.
    It was dissapointing though, how many said "you guys are doing a great job sticking it to the pollies, keep it up, now we are going fishing"
    Some people do not see the serious side of this whole matter.
    And that is sad.
    Just my thoughts.

Graham.
    Yeah, pissed me off no end. Nudgee was thick with rec fishos soaking it up.........they're probably the same pricks that aren't too fussed about inspecting others' pots.

keev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    The deep V on the old Haines didnt want to come out of some of those ruts in the water. Doesnt really like 8 knots in a washing machine.
    Wouldnt have missed it for anything.

Whens the next one?

Thanks to Phil and Chris and the other organisers and helpers.

And a big thanks to all who turned up on and off the water.

Rod.
    Not wrong Rod.Got a blister on my finger from the steering wheel
    20 knots and she would have been in heaven.

Cheers Dazza

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

Photos Taken from the MV Waiben
    Last edited by BrewGuru; 10-02-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Copied wrong codes for pictures
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

Don't know who it was but atleast they made the effort.Heard over the radio he had battery probs at the start.They sat there the whole time we were cruising up the river and back.

Cheers Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Cheers dazza but I've been there mate. Nothing worse than trying to photograph kids that haven't had their morning sleep or grooms that are still hung over from the night before

Those are low resolution...............anyone wanting an original just throw me a pm.

kev
    I would like some copies Kev but where are all the ones you took of my boat???? I saw you out there a few times and occasionally I would slip a wave in to get yours or Bridget's attention but short of crashing into you nothing was working. Lol. Was good to see you on the water and those are really professional class photos mate. You always manage to impress me and you have yet to show me that camera of yours.

Cheers,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

G/ day all just want to thank Chris and Phill for all the effort put in to get this thing over the line and i think that Chris gets a big pat on his back for his asking of all the questions that we want to hear answered (good stuff mate), as has been said the pollies ducked and weaved most of the hard bits but it was good to hear that they are allready talking about cutting some of the zones down and have challenged all Rec and Comm fishos to send in your suggestions to their deptment and HAVE YOUR SAY ! seems like something all out there could do in 30 mins of any day before the cut off in March. I know that the pollies have said that the green zones are coming but if we yell loud enough it will surely make them have to change their current draft and that will be a" WIN " for us. So if you want to sit back and let the GREEN thing just flow thru then thats your choice but if on the other hand you want to help in any way then its as easy as putting it to paper,fax,email or by knocking on your local MP and asking them to pass on your thoughts, then i urge everybody to make the time its that EASY ! Ill get off my soap box now and say i had a top day with my three brothers enjoying the sights of our beautiful city, a quick thanks to all the marshalls for their help and anyone who helped make it happen. Took a heap of photos so will post up as the week rolls along. Are we going to rally the troups for another show ? Just a thought ! Maybe a big show of people at one of the big boat ramps in Brissie for a talk and some info on the latest gossip of our pollies ! Chris could you put up some info on how most people could send in their thoughts and who to.

CHEERS RAY.

Trying to get across so many sections of the population with little budget and relying on others to print off things and distribute them is hard to gather that support.

However we will always find that there are some who just blindly think all will be OK. We will always find those that don't care. We will always find those that will keep thinking others will be there to do something for them. That is life.

BUT it is ALL our jobs to help change that mentality and bring more into this. Its just one step and a time.............but we now need to do it double quick!

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

From my perspective , the day went off great.

It is hard to judge the effectiveness of such events, but certainly having the Minister turn up AND his opposition means that we have attracted the attention of the pollies that have the power to act on concerns. Having the coverage from channel 7 and Quest newspapers in bringing our message into the general publics homes is a biggy.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to come along and show your support and passion for the Bay and it's future.

A big thanks to the Marshalls ( Rick, Damo, Andrew, Graham, Jonno, Rob , Peter and Brandon ) for providing guidance at the ramps and muster point. Thanks to those that chucked in a few bucks to assist with the financial logistics of saveourbay.org.au. Huge thanks to ED.

The PA system was great ( oldboot ) cheers.

The Water Police and VMR Sandgate as well as the Paramedics that were on standby...... your attendance was appreciated.

To everyone who put up a poster, told a friend, made a submission or made their contribution in their own way..... Thanks.

Another big thanks to Mr Ausfish ( Steve ) for providing us with a gateway to the fishermen of Moreton Bay. Cheers to the Ausfish members for fronting today. And as well the PBA guys.

A pat on the back to a passionate fisho, Nugget for his support through 4BC.

I take my hate off to Chris for the way he carried himself in front of the cameras and behind the microphone... job well done...

And I will thank my daughter Brooke and her buddy Mitchell for handing out the beers and softdrinks at the Post-Mortem. ( NO BBQ Jonno )

A couple of days to digest the event and then head down , bum up into the next phase of making ourselves noticed and heard.

Please make a submission to the EPA and have YOUR say. Deadline 7th March.

Cheers Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 10-02-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Dazza, it was a pleasure to help.

I felt proud to have made a contribution, albeit a small one compared with Chris and Phill, and skippers who had more work to do when they got home cleaning boats etc.

And I have to say the signage on the boats made the day.

It was an eye opener comparing the current protected zone map at P'ba ramp with the proposed zones - and brought the issue to life for some using that ramp but not involved in the rally. Anyone know if EPA has produced a brochure with the proposed plan, or is it all on line? may laminate a few and put them up

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    From my perspective , the day went off great.

It is hard to judge the effectiveness of such events, but certainly having the Minister turn up AND his opposition means that we have attracted the attention of the pollies that have the power to act on concerns. Having the coverage from channel 7 and Quest newspapers in bringing our message into the general publics homes is a biggy.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to come along and show your support and passion for the Bay and it's future.

A big thanks to the Marshalls ( Rick, Damo, Andrew, Graham, Jonno, Rob , Peter and Brandon ) for providing guidance at the ramps and muster point. Thanks to those that chucked in a few bucks to assist with the financial logistics of saveourbay.org.au. Huge thanks to ED.

The PA system was great ( oldboot ) cheers.

The Water Police and VMR Sandgate as well as the Paramedics that were on standby...... your attendance was appreciated.

To everyone who put up a poster, told a friend, made a submission or made their contribution in their own way..... Thanks.

Another big thanks to Mr Ausfish ( Steve ) for providing us with a gateway to the fishermen of Moreton Bay. Cheers to the Ausfish members for fronting today. And as well the PBA guys.

A pat on the back to a passionate fisho, Nugget for his support through 4BC.

I take my hate off to Chris for the way he carried himself in front of the cameras and behind the microphone... job well done...

And I will thank my daughter Brooke and her buddy Mitchell for handing out the beers and softdrinks at the Post-Mortem. ( NO BBQ Jonno )

A couple of days to digest the event and then head down , bum up into the next phase of making ourselves noticed and heard.

Please make a submission to the EPA and have YOUR say. Deadline 7th March.

Cheers Phill
    Thanks Phill. One thing I forgot to mention is that I was even getting donations from the general non-Ausfish boaties who were just going out for the day and had no idea of what we were about or who we were. After a general chat with them and setting the records straight with them I had wives hopping in the cars to dig whatever they could out of center consoles, purses etc. All in all I thought they were very supportive and giving. That alone made the day worthwhile to me because I know I reached people who were totally in the dark and who are now aware of what is going on. Just thought I would share that snippet of info with you.

Cheers,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Good to see plenty of Ausfishers out there today. We were sitting next to Redspeckle, who i reckon had the best signs on the boat today - the news certainly showed him a few times.

Bloody challenging running in the new rig in that muddy washing machine.
    Only used about 12 litres of juice on the new 50 4strk Merc - pretty happy with that considering the ploughing we were doing.

You could really smell the dirt in the river today & we saw plenty of small logs floating downstream too!!!

Here's a few more pics.
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A big thanks to both Chris and Phill, the day was a buzz and i really think we got our message across. Yes it was a bit choppy but the Hornet handled it well, although it was close a few times we never got any water in the boat.
    Pleased to see Kev (Kingtin) and Family on the water, catch up soon for that coffee mate. Said good day to a bloke just launching at Ross Street, didn't know who it was, so good to sort of meeting you Lucky Phill. Red Speckle (Mitch) was another Ausfish member who i met today when his sails pulled his anchor and he came along side.
    But Poodroo, i looked for you but not knowing what sort of boat you have had me at a disadvantage, maybe we will catch up next time. I was anchored up in close to the action.
    Please, everyone do not forget to lodge you submissions, it's very important!

Cheers,
    Obi_Wan