Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

Hi All,
    The above pics were taken by dnej,David
    if you want me to email you a copy of your boat,send me a pm,with your email addy
    David

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

I missed it, was stuck in a business meeting all afternon I have since checked channel 7's website but i cant find the coverage there.

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

Thanks Chris and Phil and all marshals. A good day and we got noticed. My apologies to anyone trying to follow me in the tinnie, I copped a wave over the back and couldn't see where I was going once the bilge was full of water, so I had to go on and off the plane all the time. Thanks also to the boys and girls in blue. I was inspected and license checked when I left the ramp at 7:30 this morn, and pleecers were courteous and efficient.

If you lost a hat - send me a PM.

Hey you guys,you are being too hard on yourselves.

What a success story.It is not the number of boats,the number of people,or the speeches,its reaching the people.

And boy,you sure did that today.What a news coverage.

You have reached thousand and thousands today,because of your efforts.
    Doesnt matter if that was done with 5 boats 50 boats or 500 boats,you did it in style.
    The poor old minister,hardly got a look in,on TV. The script was perfect,and Channel 7,wouldnt have covered the story,if you were not there.

So dont be worrying about how many turned up,you had a powerful day,all round.

I dips me lid .
    Regards David

One thing i forgot to mention in my original post is a big thank you to Rick and Damo who were marshaling at Pinkenba.Not that easy launching and retrieving the Haines single handed at the best of times let alone having a 3 year old in tow.
    Cheers Guys
    Dazza

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=124646

Have a look at this thread.Has some great pics,on the seccess of today.
    The day reached thousands of people.
    David

It was fun to be a marshal, along with Poodroo at the Comslie ramp.
    Well we did our good deed for the day.

Was able to strike up some good conversations with a few people.
    It was dissapointing though, how many said "you guys are doing a great job sticking it to the pollies, keep it up, now we are going fishing"
    Some people do not see the serious side of this whole matter.
    And that is sad.
    Just my thoughts.

Graham.

For those that missed it, shoot me a PM of your details cos i've recorded it in High Def and can burn it to a DVD.

Thank you David.

You are right. The fact we got what is an eternity on a major tv network for that segment, the fact we got two bits of the cherry over the Minister and that there was an advocacy from the public makes more waves than a protest flotilla on the Brisbane River.

I know we have their attention now. The public may be a little more educated now in what is actually going on and we need to keep the pressure on. Get the submissions in, sign the petitions, do something positive towards this fight.

Watch these pages and the saveourbay.org.au site for more steps and directions on what is next from myself and the support crew. Don't forget to let me know your ideas because as the saying goes "Many hands makes light work".

Cheers
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: Views of the washing machine today

I think your Mrs should put you to work as a photographer Kev.
    Some brilliant pics mate.

Cheers Dazza

Re: Views of the washing machine today

The deep V on the old Haines didnt want to come out of some of those ruts in the water. Doesnt really like 8 knots in a washing machine.
    Wouldnt have missed it for anything.

Whens the next one?

Thanks to Phil and Chris and the other organisers and helpers.

And a big thanks to all who turned up on and off the water.

Rod.
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

We also have footage being edited which was shot from one of the boats today. Once we have it, we'll let you know.

Also CH7 said they will have the footage online soon. I will asking for a DVD from them on the footage as well.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

well done chris and phill
    wish a few more would get off there butt and get involved
    thanks to my fellow PBA members for turning up (8 boats and more individuals attended on land )

bob

next time will bring washing powder and dirty cloths

Quote Originally Posted by 4Reel View Post
    Talk about messy out the back. Jeeze the river was rougher than the bay.
    Good to see everyone come through it Ok.
    Good on you Dave with the pics, that panorama one is great
    You hit the nail on the head Jim. We all need to do our submissions. Its easy to do online and only takes about 20 mins.

Stue
    not everyone , we sore this bloke when we got back to brecky cr .
    Attachment 21228

I posted this on another thread,but just wanted to repeat my thoughts on this one as well.Regards David

Hey you guys,you are being too hard on yourselves.

What a success story.It is not the number of boats,the number of people,or the speeches,its reaching the people.

And boy,you sure did that today.What a news coverage.

You have reached thousand and thousands today,because of your efforts.
    Doesnt matter if that was done with 5 boats 50 boats or 500 boats,you did it in style.
    The poor old minister,hardly got a look in,on TV. The script was perfect,and Channel 7,wouldnt have covered the story,if you were not there.

So dont be worrying about how many turned up,you had a powerful day,all round.

I dips me lid .
    Regards David