Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

Re: Views of the washing machine today

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Graham it was a pleasure to have you on board today. You certainly pass all the tests as a deckie and exceed all expectations. Good company as well. That plastics session will happen soon so long as you can put up with my boat driving again.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Poodroo,
    I'm up for the challenge. Just give me a bit of notice.
    Can't wait to christen a plastic.
    Graham.

hopefully next week ill have the footage of the rally i took of you lot, it will have that handheld feel about it, but tried to get as many boats as possible
    \
    \ mike
    Tangles KFC

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

That is one mean boat you have Dean. Was great to see you on the water and welcome to Ausfish.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

i would also like to thank chris and phil good job guys , it was good to see it all ran well and the amount off people that stopped to have a look what was going on was good too .

Funny we call the bay of Yarrabah, the washing machine due to the three to four current directions and wind chop when you travel across it.
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

Washing machine it surely was but heaps of fun for the kids. Top marks go to the little tinnies who braved the wash/ More pics:

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Yeah I as well think it was a top effort by Chris, Phill and everyone who attended, particularly the marshals who gave up their time.

Just out of interest Chris/Phill, are you still out of pocket over this? If so, I am happy to kick in some dollars and would encourage others to do the same. These has been some benefit from today's demonstration, perhaps to the tune of a million dollar arti reef. It's going to benefit all, so let us know if you've still come up short.

have put up pics on the "washing machine" thread in the general section.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

Here are the shots from dnej

Well done to all those attending. Special thanks to Chris and Phil - excellent effort guys

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

I'm also going to put my spin to this plan and yep. EPA has got it wrong, what they should be doing is place more emphasis in protecting the mangrove systems as this is the major nursery ground for many species of fish, crustacea and molluscs. The other areas are more transitional areas or passage zones.

Obviously the data (if any hard core as opposed to projected or hypotheorised) might be bias, I think many stakeholders and that includes us the recreational fisher should have been more widely consulted prior to the introduction of this draft as opposed to speaking or dealing with a select minority.

I will be making a submission against the proposed closure, I'm sure there would be a plan B in existance if they get enough flack from the greater community. This has a domino effect, not all money comes from tourism. There are bait and tackle shops, people who are contracted to go to certain to collect bait for these shops, local fuel station operators that rely on immediate vicinity customers and visitors alike from afar. Good showing on TV, its a shame they edited Chris Ryans speech by stopping short...maybe landline would also be interested in this as they are a national broadcaster and covers larger areas, many people watch landline not only on agriculture and man on the land but those on the sea. Cheers girls and guys, happy fishing. Peter

Well done Chris and Phil, too all others who helped and to those that turned up, great report on Ch7; great to see Chris asking the Minister the hard question about the Airport which had him scurrying away to his advisors then blaming the Federal Gov't, sort of summed it up to me, he wasn't over his brief. These sort of events force them to be aware of other points of view.

Enjoyed the day out with Greg and crew and thanks to all for showing a determined and concerned rally with no incidents. Will get the footage of the rally up next week.

Now that the Minister is now seemingly aware the side issue of the Airport is out there in the public arena maybe they will start to take it seriously and start consulting us and not just say 'I was out on the Bay for 4 hours with Sunfish last week'

So whats next? I reckon getting as many people as possible to make their submissions on the plan by Mar, as the Minister said they are getting a lot of them and he made the point the Greenies arent happy still, ie they,ve been putting it down in writing,, we need to get our act together and get everyone to submit as a start.

mike

ps, I was on my best behaviour.... honest
    Tangles KFC