Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

I was pretty pleased with the number of Ausfishers who attended .
    It looked like something from D Day when all of the convoy got going .
    A few more boats in attendance would certainly of helped get the message across and looks like the commercial boys did not want to support a joint initiative

Congratulations to the organisers and I strongly believe that the Rally had a strong bearing on the State Governments release of a statement concerning a million $ to be spent this year on artificial reefs in Moreton Bay

Well Done
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

Well it looks like we certainly got more than a 15 second grab. I think the story on the rally ran nearly as long as the lead story.

It was good to see they showed a bit of focus on the kids. I know the official figures weren't quite as high as what the report said, but its good that they went up rather than down on their estimation.

Thanks definately go out to Chris, Phill, and all the other marshals who helped in the organisation of the event.

Good work too Darren for getting the cameras out to get the footage they did...
    Last edited by MY-TopEnder; 10-02-2008 at 06:13 PM.

Just watched it. Good coverage and it got the message across
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Seemed to give the protest a bit of coverage.
    GOOD ON ALL OF US THAT PARTICIPATED.
    We could have made a lot bolder statement, if only more joined us.
    Graham.

Just watched the news report on 7. Quite a substantial story. Apparently, there were 'hundreds of boaties!'

Dido thought the coverage was good , some impressive shots there. Definetly more boats !!
    Mick

Fantastic story on Channel 7 news, we didn't do the Southbank bit, only because we had to drop the photographer back to hamilton game wharf and we then had a 3 hour trip back to Scarborough it was good to see all the support, all the signage, Top effort by Chris, lucky Phil and all the guys that were working in the background, it would have been good to have more boats, it was still a sight to see as i was motoring up brisbane river at 8 knots, then to look behind me and watch about 30 boats converging past me onto New Farm park....priceless!!!
    They should have done a head count we had 11 on my boat and every other boat I reckon had a minimum of 2 -3 people.
    Last edited by BrewGuru; 10-02-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Quote Originally Posted by Searaider 2 View Post
    Once again ,
    thanks to Chris & Lucky Phil for all the hard work they are doing the Bay closurers .
    Also thanks to the marshals that gave their time at the boat ramps , as well as Mr Bean in giving me a ride in the Mighty Bad Eye .

Channel 9 news at 5pm today .
    Channel 9 had a brief artical on the`Rally in their news at 5pm .

REAL BRIEF ( went for 17 seconds ) & their comments weren't very accurate of the actual situation .

They showed some footage of the boats , but must have been taked from some distance as is was very grainy .

Word for Work from their article .
    The Brisbane River was choked with more than 50 boats today as amateurs fisherman protested against preposed No Go Zones in Moreton Bay .
    Water Police were called to control the congestion .
    The Fisherman are angry they hadn't been included in consultations with the Environmental Protection Agency.

Hopefully the coverage that Channel 7 News is giving us tonight will be more accurate
    gotta love the bit about the water police..I had sent an email of thanks to the OIC of the water police for the professionalism and courtesy of the water police on the day.

Re: Views of the washing machine today

Quote Originally Posted by whynott View Post
    Well done to Chris and Lucky, and everyone else who helped out today.
    Here are some pics of the washing machine:

Thanks to Poodroo for letting me be his deckie today.

Graham.
    Graham it was a pleasure to have you on board today. You certainly pass all the tests as a deckie and exceed all expectations. Good company as well. That plastics session will happen soon so long as you can put up with my boat driving again.

Cheers,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Nice work chris just watched it, it was good to see a few from ausfish there as well as i seen some stickers on some boats.

cheers tassie JR

Lets not forget the Police and the Patrol boats that kept us all safe!!!

Graham.

I would have like to seen way more Boaties there at the rally on the water
    This is biggest issue to Hit Moreton Bay for Many years and the outcome of the review of Marine park is going to affect all Rec/Commerical fishermen and business in the industry and assocaited business with it for many years to come
    If there is a filp side to this looks like getting some artfiicial reefs in be place in Moreton bay marine park

Mitch
    ps Thanks to Chris and Phill organize the boat rally and getting The Minster and Shadow Minster both speaking there
    Last edited by Redspeckle; 10-02-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Grammer
    In life, start off wrong and you'll finish wrong. Put just one skeleton in the closet and you'll have to put another one in to hide the first, and so it goes.
    But start off right and you'll finish right. There's no comeback when you stick to the truth - and no skeletons!

Yup. You have to be pleased with that bit of footage. My son is stoked that he managed to get himself on there at the beginning.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Re: Views of the washing machine today

Here are some pics of the washing machine

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

Thanks for taking the photos. I only found out about the rally yesterday and would like to thank all the organisers it has inspired me to join Ausfish today.

Dean