Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: River Rally - Post Moretum

Re: Watch Channel 7 QLD News Tonight

thanks chris hope it attracted the attention of the media. ill be watching 7 news to night.
    "True Blue"

Re: Some happy snaps of the rally

I agree loophole.

To get that, we also need more hands wanting to not only come, and not wait for someone else to tell them what to do. So watch this space shortly as this will be addressed and there will changes coming.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

First off a big thanks to Chris and Phil for organising this event.
    Was a good turnout but i think it could have been better.Still with the amount of boats that were there i am pretty sure we made an impression.Probably not a good one with all the boaties that live on the river they were probably wondering what the hell was going on.
    Great to see everyone put the effort in to get on the water today

Cheers Dazza

Had a blonde moment this morning and forgot the camera so hopefully i can copy some pics that are put up of the day.

Cheers Dazza

I was on-shore and counted 72 boats in total (including the 3 or 4 police boats. Whilst this doesn't sound many, on water it looks far more impressive than it sounds. Look forward to see what is on CH7 tonight

Views of the washing machine today

Well done to Chris and Lucky, and everyone else who helped out today.
    Here are some pics of the washing machine:

Thanks to Poodroo for letting me be his deckie today.

Graham.

Well it wasn't the ideal number of boats that we would have liked but for those who showed up a pat on the back. We were rather few in numbers but we got noticed because of what a great job was done firstly by Chris and Phill and also by those who put the effort into there boats to attract the attention and attract attention we did. Here are just a few more shots.
    Firstly this was not part of the rally but was a breathtaking vessel to see.

It was a great effort everyone. Proud to have been a part of it.

Regards,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

won't miss it!

Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

I have said it in other threads but enough can't be said about what a great job that was done by Chris and Phill. Congratulations. Well done guys. We got noticed! Sadly out of all the numbers of people who use the bay but chose to sit at home or go out and have a fish if they had of joined us today we would have been VERY noticed. Good on those who put in the time and the effort.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Re: Views of the washing machine today

Yea
    It reminded me of Combie Pt at times
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Angry Re: River Rally - Post Moretum

Once again ,
    thanks to Chris & Lucky Phil for all the hard work they are doing the Bay closurers .
    Also thanks to the marshals that gave their time at the boat ramps , as well as Mr Bean in giving me a ride in the Mighty Bad Eye .

Channel 9 news at 5pm today .
    Channel 9 had a brief artical on the`Rally in their news at 5pm .

REAL BRIEF ( went for 17 seconds ) & their comments weren't very accurate of the actual situation .

They showed some footage of the boats , but must have been taked from some distance as is was very grainy .

Word for Work from their article .
    The Brisbane River was choked with more than 50 boats today as amateurs fisherman protested against preposed No Go Zones in Moreton Bay .
    Water Police were called to control the congestion .
    The Fisherman are angry they hadn't been included in consultations with the Environmental Protection Agency.

Hopefully the coverage that Channel 7 News is giving us tonight will be more accurate
    Last edited by Searaider 2; 10-02-2008 at 05:54 PM.
    Peter
    Searaider 2

Keep at them guys
    I'll support ya's from way up here
    Cheers JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Yep, seen previews "Fisherman Protest over changes to Moreton Bay". I would have loved to have been there in person but could not make it due to finances.

Will be watching.

Peter

Great Pics Mate

I Had Enough Trouble Driving My Boat How Did You Hang On And Take Photo's ( By The Way Nice Pic Of The Back Of My Boat)

Could Have Been More Boats There I Thought, Considering How Many Ausfish Members Are In Bris.

Cheers Bill

Ps Will It On The Tv News ( What Channel)
    any day on the water is magic catching fish is a bonus

Graham
    Good seeing you there on the water
    yes was like a washing machine had to speed up and slow down at various times and as the tilt and trim up an down after the rally heading back to MBTBC (Manly) at it was a breeze
    Mitch
    In life, start off wrong and you'll finish wrong. Put just one skeleton in the closet and you'll have to put another one in to hide the first, and so it goes.
    But start off right and you'll finish right. There's no comeback when you stick to the truth - and no skeletons!