Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Re: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Love those SeaSwirls. What do you reckon you'll save on new price when it is all done?

I think the luck may have been in not taking Lee with me Scott. I've noticed my catch rate seems to go down when i have Lee in the boat with me.. Could be cos he is too much of a wuss to pull anchor when we need to move, or it could be cos he likes to try and break my windscreen with his head, and therefore distracts us from the fishing. Either way, i'm starting to think he may be smuggling bananas on board.......

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    Love those SeaSwirls. What do you reckon you'll save on new price when it is all done?
    I don't reckon you would get much change out of $120k new, and rarely see them second hand with trailer for under $60k.
    So probably will save around $10k, but get a new trailer as well as a good choice of boats from the US market. Then add the $25k I spent on the Suzuki last year, ummm, yeah well lets not add it all up it will get scary!

Shane, I noticed your haul of Reds included some rather small specimens, are you sure they were legal???

Small specimens? i think maybe you have been spending too much time looking at your own small specimen Lee. That was a sweet bag of small mouth buddy'o.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoss View Post
    Small specimens? i think maybe you have been spending too much time looking at your own small specimen Lee. That was a sweet bag of small mouth buddy'o.
    Mate as long as your happy with catching tiddlers, thats ok with me.

It would be an interesting day at the reef for you fella's I'd reckon.
    Never a dull moment for sure.

and well I didnt want to burst your bubble either Shane but now that Lee has brought it up,I did notice some of those nannies do look a little undersized.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    It would be an interesting day at the reef for you fella's I'd reckon.
    Never a dull moment for sure.
    Mate there will be a spare seat for you on the Striper if you ever want to come out with us.

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    Lee if it was me I would make the time how can you get a boat like that and not take it out straight away. lovely boat. very good read on importing a boat . will keep my eye out in lucinda
    Stuie
    Hi Stuie, I really enjoy getting out from Lucinda, the reefs seem to fish better up that way. Yell out if you see me around, I have a holiday house on the river in Cordelia which we just signed a tenant, thankfully. Spent 6 months renovating the bloody thing so will be nice to head up that way to do some fishing rather than painting.

Take it easy

Lee

Lee I've got a holiday house in Halifax so we are nearly neighbours I don't rent it as I like to have beer in the fridge when I go up makes it a lot easier all I have to bring is bread and milk. mate we'll definately have to catch up.
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    Lee I've got a holiday house in Halifax so we are nearly neighbours I don't rent it as I like to have beer in the fridge when I go up makes it a lot easier all I have to bring is bread and milk. mate we'll definately have to catch up.
    Stuie
    Most definately mate, I will PM you so we can swap info

Cheers,

Lee

Lee,

Thought you may find some interest in this link. Some good ideas on mods.

This is the second one I owned. A great boat, now for sale again!

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-fo...aspx?R=2885740

And it's in your neck of the woods!

Regards

Darren

There is just no pleasing you lot... I still maintain thats its just envy on both of your parts...

Yet another update....

Ok, the Striper landed in Savannah last Tuesday and was loaded onto the ship ready for the trip home. The windscreen was removed to reduce the overall dimensions while it was there.
    It left Savannah on the 17th, the ship is currently in Baltimore loading more freight and will leave in a couple of days headed for Panama, then onto Brisbane. Will be ready for collection on the 20th of March, just before the Easter long weekend.

I have been struggling to obtain a periodic excess load permit which I was told is needed to legally tow the boat on Australian roads due to the witdh of the boat (2.59mt)
    Finally got in touch with someone at Townsville Police traffic branch and he advised me that they no longer issue periodic oversize load permits, they used to issue them for periods of 12 month.
    He basically told me all I need to do is have Oversize signs, lights, flags etc and all will be legal. It is now the responsibilty of the driver to ensure they abide by the rules and regs.

Anyway, here is a pic of the boat at the dock getting prepared for loading.
    Last edited by leezor; 21-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Lee,

If you google Gibbs truck parts here on the Gold Coast, they have all the signs and things you will need. There prices are usually fairly reasonable.

I may have a spare oversize sign down here if you would need it to.

What size towball will you need for the trailer?

Regards

Darren

Thanks Darren, PM sent mate.

Lee