Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Re: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Great thread Lee,

Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Have been thinking about importing a Seaswirl 2301 myself.

Regards,
    Spiro

Just an update for those who are interested, here are some pics of the boat on the new trailer with the hardtop removed ready for the road trip across Florida.

Tomorrow she makes her way accross to Savannah where she is shrink wrapped and strapped properly ready for the trip home. The guys taking it to Savannah will make any adjustmests required to the positioning of the boat on the trailer to minimise overall size for shipping.

So far so good, only 5 weeks to go....looking forward to bolting my 225hp Suzuki on the back once I get her home
    Last edited by leezor; 11-02-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Hi leezor,
    Thanks for the update.
    What a beautiful boat and trailer.

Regards
    seabug

Cheers Seabug, can't wait to start the fit and get some blood on the decks

Great looking boat mate. Very interesting read. Sounds like your saving a bundle by doing it this way. Any reason your getting rid of the Yammy? A new donk on the back for peace of mind?

Cheers Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Great looking boat mate. Very interesting read. Sounds like your saving a bundle by doing it this way. Any reason your getting rid of the Yammy? A new donk on the back for peace of mind?

Cheers Chris
    Hi Chris, it's actually a 1999 200hp Johno with all the decals removed. The Suzuki is on my current boat (Southwind SF20), the plan is to swap engines and then sell the SF20.
    I bought the Suzuki 12 months ago with the intention of upgrading the hull at some stage.

Lee

I bet you can't wait,Lee.It's a perfect reef boat.
    At least it's happening during the wet season when it's hard to get out anyway.
    I'm waiting in anticipation to hear how it all turns out.
    Just wondering if you are going to take it for a spin with the 2 stroke just to remind you what you are missing..

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I bet you can't wait,Lee.It's a perfect reef boat.
    At least it's happening during the wet season when it's hard to get out anyway.
    I'm waiting in anticipation to hear how it all turns out.
    Just wondering if you are going to take it for a spin with the 2 stroke just to remind you what you are missing..

Scott
    Will be tempted to, but the guy I bought it from has recommended I drain all the fuel as its been sitting for a while. So will most likely just get stuck into the engine swap and fitting my electronics all in one go and get it ready for some new spots out wide I want to try. I gotta get in quick before Shane cleans them out

Quote Originally Posted by leezor View Post
    get it ready for some new spots out wide I want to try. I gotta get in quick before Shane cleans them out
    Lol,Lee...the bugger did alright saturday night,didn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Lol,Lee...the bugger did alright saturday night,didn't he.

Yeah, he got lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by leezor View Post
    Will be tempted to, but the guy I bought it from has recommended I drain all the fuel as its been sitting for a while. So will most likely just get stuck into the engine swap and fitting my electronics all in one go and get it ready for some new spots out wide I want to try. I gotta get in quick before Shane cleans them out
    Lee,

I take it you won't get a run in Noosa then? Doh!

Are you sure the coupling is legal in Qld? Down here they would pull you up on it when getting a RWC. We recently had to change the coupling on an Ezy Loader because it was the US style. Had to be changed to a 70mm Oz coupling, locking from the top.

What are you towing with? My old 2301 with twins pushed three tonne pretty easily, so bear in mind the weight factor. They are a very big boat to tow, both weight wise and physical size wise.

Regards

Darren

hi leezor now thats a boat nice rig mate hope all goes well .
    cheers shane

Darren, I had the same coupling on an Ezyloader a couple of years ago, and I didn't really like it so will probably end up changing it anyway. I don't need to get a RWC as it's brand new so could probably get away with it.

The old man and I are going to tow it up up here with his Discovery, I have a Diesel Patrol which I will use once I get it home.

I still may take it for a test run in Noosa, all depends on if I have time to drain the fuel and put the hardtop back on while I am down there.

Lee if it was me I would make the time how can you get a boat like that and not take it out straight away. lovely boat. very good read on importing a boat . will keep my eye out in lucinda
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

I have that coupling on my ezy loader trailer..I reckon it is great..simple to use.