Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Re: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Good stuff Lee,

Looks like you've covered all bases so far.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Regards

Darren
    Don't know about that mate, with all the paper work involved I am bound to have not crossed T or dotted an I somewhere.

Wow ...What a great story. I remember reading a series of artilcles in F&B a long while back about the process of importing. Those seaswirls certainly look the goods. Sounds like you have been dealing with some quality people over in the US who have your best interests in mind.

Best of luck
    TC

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    That explains the shipping cost then. I was thinking a container would have been a cheaper option.

Great read, thanks for sharing. Mate and I have been tossing up buying in the US. Been interesting reading how the dollars add up.

Also, I know a guy who has brought 2 boats over through import-a-boat. He can't speak highly enough of them, so based on what he says, I think you made the right call.
    Cheers mate, John and Ian from Import-a-boat have been quite helpful so far and I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with someone locally.
    Next time I bring one over I will take a holiday to Florida and buy one while I am there, I reckon that will be my next bribe to the missus "Hey honey, fancy a holiday in Florida, and while we are here "

Quote Originally Posted by leezor View Post
    Cheers mate, John and Ian from Import-a-boat have been quite helpful so far and I feel a lot more comfortable dealing with someone locally.
    Next time I bring one over I will take a holiday to Florida and buy one while I am there, I reckon that will be my next bribe to the missus "Hey honey, fancy a holiday in Florida, and while we are here "
    Lol, Lee, you've caught the bug already. That doesn't usually happen till the boat arrives and you realise how good it is!

It may seem stressful and problematic now, but in the end you will be asking what all the fuss was about.

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Great read Lee, boat looks sweet
    Ohhh, do you have any room for a motor anywhere to bring back over for me
    Daz
    Sorry mate, no room for another donk. What are you looking at bringing over, a 350 Verado?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Jabba..I have a striper..the smaller version..1851WA..if you want a look at it sometime give me a yell..I am in brisbane.
    Thanks for the offer... I'll PM you if I am heading to the bay, and we could catch meet there....

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Lol, Lee, you've caught the bug already. That doesn't usually happen till the boat arrives and you realise how good it is!
    It may seem stressful and problematic now, but in the end you will be asking what all the fuss was about.
    Regards
    Darren
    I havn't forgotten that beer I owe you either, will give you a call just before I leave for Brisbane and maybe we can catch up for a couple?

Hey Jimbo, she is to wide to fit into an enclosed 40ft container. Though could of gone in a "flat pack"which is basically a 40ft container without sides.

Jabba, I will be in Brisbane once it arrives for a couple days, then towing it up to Noosa to stay with my folks and catch up with my mates. Might even find the time to put it in at Tewantin and take it for a spin. Your welcome to have a sticky then if you like.

Lee
    I'll be interested in that.. PM me when it arrives......

Cheers

I havn't forgotten that beer I owe you either, will give you a call just before I leave for Brisbane and maybe we can catch up for a couple?
    Hey Lee,

Definately. Give me a call. I'm sure you've got the number.

I may even be interested in popping up to Noosa for a quick run and squizz.

Talk soon.

Darren

What an adventure / hassle ....... I hope everything goes well for you Leezor!
    Thanks for the post ..... a great read
    Nagg
    PS .... Now that's one idea I can get out of my mind

What are you looking at bringing over, a 350 Verado?

Mmmmmm maybe, will see the out come

Daz

I hope you have really researched the importation of secondhand goods. Make sure all your import documentation is supplied and if the boat is made in the USA you have a certificate of origin. You will also need documentation that shows the goods conforms within the Free trade agreement to escape any duties. Any missing paperwork will cause delays in Clearance and can cost Storage fees, payable by you if it is held at port for any length of time.
    Also be aware that Customs and AQIS will most likely require an inspection of the container and the boat. Any visible signs of oils, dirt etc and AQIS will require a clean- but they will probably require that anyway. Good luck and keep us all posted. I am interested in what happens when it gets to port.

Ronnie
    Last edited by Mrs Ronnie H; 08-02-2008 at 06:55 PM.

What a ripper of a rig. Hope all goes well for you from here on. I look forward to the next chapter,

Cheers Bearzzy

Nice. . Looks like a suitable hull for handling our North Qld 2 foot chop.

Looking forward to seeing it on the water when you get it up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie H View Post
    I hope you have really researched the importation of secondhand goods. Make sure all your import documentation is supplied and if the boat is made in the USA you have a certificate of origin. You will also need documentation that shows the goods conforms within the Free trade agreement to escape any duties. Any missing paperwork will cause delays in Clearance and can cost Storage fees, payable by you if it is held at port for any length of time.
    Also be aware that Customs and AQIS will most likely require an inspection of the container and the boat. Any visible signs of oils, dirt etc and AQIS will require a clean- but they will probably require that anyway. Good luck and keep us all posted. I am interested in what happens when it gets to port.

Ronnie
    All paper work required has been submitted, including all required documentation about the boats origin. The guys at Import-a-boat look after all the customs and quarantine side of things, I guess thats why they charge what they do. Hopefully they can deliver and all goes to plan, only time will tel....

Lee