Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Re: Importing from USA – The journey so far…..

Lee,

How does the boat stack up to what you were initially thinking.

Do you have any rpm/speed figures on the Zuk combo yet?

And what about the Southwind, has she definately gone?

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Lee,

How does the boat stack up to what you were initially thinking.

Do you have any rpm/speed figures on the Zuk combo yet?

And what about the Southwind, has she definately gone?
    Hi Darren,

Am pretty happy with it so far, though only spent 1/2 a day cruising around Magnetic Island yesterday and the weather was far from challenging. Though first impressions are positive.
    She cruises comfortably at 4000-4200rpm, which is around 55-60km/h. As expected, fuel consumption is higher than the SF20 she gets around 1.3 - 1.5 km per litre at cruise. At some stage I would like to try a few different props just to see if I can improve my fuel economy at cruise.
    Am really impressed with the deck layout, and the walkaround setup is bloody brilliant!

The Southwind has definately gone, though she will be powered by a 2004 model 200hp Yamaha Saltwater Series which is getting fitted as we speak. Should be a sweet package for the new owner, and hopefully he gets as much enjoyment out of it that I did.

Lee, I finally had the chance yesterday to give my little Striper a bit of a work out. (was in the boat solo)...turned hard into several corners..no slip..hull felt brillaint..almost had it over on the gunwhales..I love it.

3800rpm was doing 28.5knots.

Lee the boat looks excellent! It's good to hear it all worked out good for you.
    I bet you can't wait for some better weather to take it out to the reef to get some fish on board

Cheers
    Josh

excellent mate she will be good

It looks a beast on the water mate. Looks like will get the southwind out over the ANZAC weekend. Might see you on the water..........

Hey leezor, how is the Seaswirl going? Any bad points come up with the boat yet? Is there anything during the importing process that you would have done differently?

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Correct me if i am wrong but think he had it up for sale a while ago.

Hey Guys,

I havn't seen Lee around for a while. He may have been deployed overseas, which is partly why he had her up for sale I believe.

I don't know if he sold her or not.

He was very happy with the boat and the import process.

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Hey leezor, how is the Seaswirl going? Any bad points come up with the boat yet? Is there anything during the importing process that you would have done differently?

Cheers

Chris
    I am very happy with my SeaSwirl..would not change it for anything except a bigger SeaSwirl.

With the Aussie follar pegging back the the USD at a very fast rate I can see more than just me looking at importing in the near future.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Albemarle 265 might be on its way if/when the formula goes, dollar is lookin good

hi everyone, i ended up selling her to a fellow ausfisher who lives in weipa. Unfortunately i had to sell as we decided to buy another house. Looking at getting something a tad smaller soon to get amongst the macks that are about atm.

Hey Lee,

Looking to import again? The dollar is attractive again!

I'm heading over next week for a "look"!

Regards

Darren

Hi Darren,

Good luck over there mate. should be plenty of bargains on offer for you this time around. No importing for me this time though, am going to get something local, probably a 5-6mt platey.