Thread: Easyrider fibreglass hulls - anyone know about these?

Easyrider fibreglass hulls - anyone know about these?

Hi Guys

Looking at buying a centre console glass boat. It is an easyrider 155 (15.5 ft). Anyone know where they were made , anyone have one - experiences etc would be helpful.
    cheers

Re: Easyrider fibreglass hulls - anyone know about these?

Mate had a runabout same size bought new in the very early seventies, very basic but then most were those days by comparison. I only ever used it around the bay it was ok not flash but never let me down. I believe they were made by an ex Cruise Craft employee that went into business for himself. Easy Rider was then sold I think and it went under the name of Xatel Marine or something like that, then they just dissapeared off the planet like a lot of other brands at that time. Some one wil correct me if I,m wrong. Cheers.

I Can help! I used to sell both the Easyrider and Naugtiglass they are both out of the same stable and were built on the North Coast of NSW.
    Early 70's there workmanship was a bit dodgy. They were then taken over a larger manufacturer it was Xatel. I was privvy to the manufacturing plant and they had certainly made a quality boat after 1978. At the time I worked for Merrylands Marine in Sydney and I had the luxury of test driving a few with the journos from the boating magazines at the time. They did some mega marketing at the time because of the previous manufacturing methods.
    At the time their big seller was the 149 runabout and it was pretty basic, others from then on were quality boats the largest they made at the time was an 18'6 same hull and different top deck configurations.
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

i had a runabout and a h/cab in5.1
    barney11
    i had a 5.1easyrider ina half cab and a runabout with 130yammy
    went everywhere even went to the banks
    they ride well especially in a following sea
    they are a very stable boat and solid
    make sure floor and transom are ok i had to replace both

pete

I have an Easy Rider 14.5 foot runabout - built 1978 and find it is great for my purposes. They are a pretty basic boat, but quite well made. As outsiderskip said make sure the transom and the floor are OK. I was lucky with mine - they are fine and we have not had a problem with them. Got a 50 on the back and it goes like a dream - never misses a beat and goes well on the plane. Not the most luxurious boat, but sufficient to get the wife and 3 kids out to stradbroke for an afternoon or to dangle some smelly stuff over the side.

I have a Nautiglass 87 model. I used to own another exactly the same about 10 years ago and when the opportunity came to get another one well had to go for it. Mines a half cabin and have been in some terrible weather with it. In a very bad storm once and had the kids on the floor of the cabin to keep my weight low. The boat sure took a pounding that day but came through with trumps. The only negative i could say is that it is a bit unstable at rest. Had an evinrude 50 on it and it flew. Have replaced it with a 4 stroke 60 yammie. Plenty of room and comfortable to fish from. Never had an issue with floor or transom.

Sorry 4.6 m

don't recall a Centre Console Easyrider, but who knows? could have been a conversion maybe.