Thread: King Of The Pin 2008

King Of The Pin 2008

I know it's awhile off yet but does anybody know the exact dates in May for King of the Pin?

I don't know if there is an official website for it. I have searched.

Usually the same people win it each year anyway.

Re: King Of The Pin 2008

Here you go.

http://www.beenleighbowls.com.au/welcome/page9.php

Whoops, had another look and no dates, but a link to the sundowners website:

http://www.sbsfc.org/

Alas, no dates there either.......

Oh well.
    Last edited by Sea-Dog; 08-01-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRJR View Post
    I know it's awhile off yet but does anybody know the exact dates in May for King of the Pin?

I don't know if there is an official website for it. I have searched.

Usually the same people win it each year anyway.
    Thats because i haven't entered the comp before. dont have answer either mate .maybe ringing the GEM would answer your question.

Usually the comp is the last weekend of may, but I have heard on the grape vine that this comp will not be going ahead.

I will try to find out more and post info provided from the club members.

Tim

Why wouldn't it go ahead?
    Too many complaining about the same people winning each year?

or that too much name dropping by the presenter, who if I remember rightly seemed to be good friends with nearly every person who was winning the fish categories..

LOL I remember when they did the draw for the tinnie last year, when they drew the winner the presenter said" Oh, I know this guy, he is a good friend of mine"

I'm sure it's not rigged but I reckon you don't need to be saying stuff like I know this guy and he is a mate of mine etc.

Maybe just a slip of the tongue a few times.

Happy for the guy who won but people don't need to hear stuff like that as it cheeses people off.

Hi JRJR,

I know what your saying about same people winning regularly but these guys seriously put the time in. You would of seen me at these days as I was a member of the club. I could tell you where they go to catch the fish but unless you go and put the hrs in you would be still lucky to win.

The presenters are either Dave Downie, well known fisho and presenter of shows, comps etc and he would definetly not rig anything. I think also last year they had Dave Brehmer from the fishing club up on stage. He is also a top bloke that is like us a working citizen that loves his fishing, in saying this he is trying his best to keep a crowd entertained and he does that by talking. A slip off the tongue in the way your talking about would be very hard not to do for an ordinary bloke like you and I.

But it also came to mind was this rigged because the guy that won the tinny, well his wife won it, is another member of the club and this member actually saved another guys life on the friday nights fishing. Yet another member.

I would still hope that this isn't the case. I was in this club up in till a few months before the king of pin, and I know that this is not what the Sundowners work so hard for for this comp.

The reason there may be no comp this year is the amount of work required to hold such a comp. I have heard they are struggling with memberships and no one will do the work needed.

Not only is this going to be a huge lose to the club (Sentimental not monetary) it will also be a huge lose to the community. Many people look forward to this comp as it's a great get away and cheap enough for the ordinary guy and faimily to enter.

I am not praising fishing clubs nor bagging them and I have nothing against the Sundowners. I have had problems with certain member/s which may or may not still be apart of the club. I Still have pride in the Sundowners name and think this comp should go on forever. I would never join another fishing club but this is my choice from my past experiences. But it's still a shame for all to lose this comp.

I know at least one other member uses this site and he would be possibly able to post more info on what's really happening.

If I can help with anything else on this topic just ask and I'll try.

Regards
    Tim

Yeah, I know what you are saying.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's run again. I will probably enter it.
    In fact I was asking a friend of mine recently if he wants to enter this year.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just a bump to tell all that King of pin 2008 is supposed to be on June 20th.

At Beenleigh bowls club.

Hey all
    Just to give a little background on the so called committee of the Sundowners. I am not involved personally but an uncle of mine was el presidentee last year. Yes you are right there is an absolute sh..tload of work in getting all the necessary work done. Unfortunately internal politics got the better of some "arrogant" people and upset the apple cart so to speak. Last years event raised the best funds for many a year and to top it off el presidentee managed to get some cracker donations for the prizes. He also managed to ensure that the correct donations went to the charities that were chosen by the committee. It is a shame that peoples egos get in the way because he isn't involved anymore. It is a shame because he was managing to increase membership as well as the other necessary stuff that goes on.
    Ahhhh politics.....don't ya hate it. One reason why I enjoy my fishing solo. Oh, and I can assure you the contest was NOT rigged. The last the uncle heard is that the new pressident wasn't going to bother to run it this year as he deemed it too much work. I hope it does get through though.

Watta

JRJR,

I am one of the weigh master's of the King Of The Pin and this year it has been put back to 20/21/22/June to allow for people to fish the fraser comp in may which always clashes with the KOP..

Also, you catch better bream in june as well..

weigh in is again at the Beenleigh Bowls club

Very unfortunate that he is no longer a member