Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sundown Marine - Latest News

Re: Sundown Marine - Latest News

Yeah it sure will be a real test for me as a first time auction goer. I probably won't get what i really want cause i am such a tight "A" when it comes to parting with the hard earn dollar. Unless I know it is a REAL BARGAIN.

Sundown Marine Auction

Today is the big day for the Sundown Marine Auction.

I am going to go along but not too sure what will happen, being a first time auction goer and a real tight "A" when it comes to parting with the good old hard earned dollar. It ill be very interesting to see how many turn up and what sort of bargains have been made.

Re: Sundown Marine Auction

What time is the auction and the location?

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    After you get through the advice about learning where the toilets are when you first arrive at the auction, one of the bits of advice is this ...
    Well me....I find out where the hot chips and cold drinks are. Mmmm hot chips and Sars..

...And I always bung a trolley in Wally the wagon because who knows how far away you have to park
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Foxy4,
    The add in the paper had the auction on the 12th - next Tuesday. Do you know something different?

Foxy4,
    The add in the paper had the auction on the 12th - next Tuesday. Do you know something different?
    I can't find anything on the auction website (http://www.davlan.com.au/). Would expect something on there if it's on today.

Just rang the auctioneer, it is next Tuesday the 12th

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy4 View Post
    Yeah it sure will be a real test for me as a first time auction goer. I probably won't get what i really want cause i am such a tight "A" when it comes to parting with the hard earn dollar. Unless I know it is a REAL BARGAIN.

Suspect this auction will peg right from the start so be carefull, lots of blokes looking to get a bargain but prepared to bid near RRP, not at all like the auto auctions although sometimes they can get a little high. The will be some bargains to be had, would be good to go for a look.

Best of luck

cheers fnq

I've been in there & can tell there is not a great deal left.

A few rods & reels, most of the electronics are gone, Shimano - gone, Penn - gone, chandlery - gone, Yamaha's - gone, Minn Kota - gone.

A fair quantity of lures left.

Think theres a couple of tinnies in the yard. That's about it.

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Any G. Loomis rods left Fitzy? Lures soft and hard body?

Sorry all. Yep it is next week. Someone gave me the WRONG Date as a setup joke. Last laugh will be on him though. I have started the plan in action already
    Last edited by Foxy4; 05-02-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Out of all this,I feel the most sorrow for Deborah and her parents.

A real shame.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

The sales guys had no Idea unti the Friday afternoon, that they had lost their jobs, I was lucky I only did $600.00 on a deposit for a tinny and trailer and I was still talking to one of the sales guy on the Friday before they they closed up, he had no idea,
    There were far more people that did their doe on bigger purchases, then what I did, the sales guy I spoke to said he was holding $50,000 + dollars in deposits, for undelivered boats and he wasn't the only salesman.
    The only thing I am dirty about is the $1000.00 sponsorship they pledged to go to disadvantaged kids for the Variety Bash back in July 2007, We had their sponsorship on the car which was highlighted by Brisbane Creek to Coast and Briz 31, I finished up honouring their pledge. The other sponsors of the car and paid thier money in which .75 cents in the dollar goes directly to the disadvantaged children,
    a charity I am very happy to support!!

Score: Sundown 0, Variety Qld $1000 BrewGuru - $1600
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

If anyone is going to the auction and hopes for a bargain do some homework.

Get a copy of the catalogue pick out what you plan to bid on and then do some price checking. On the catalogue write your max price alongside the item you wish for and if it goes over that leave it.

Too many people get carried away at an auction and sometimes will pay well over retail price.

I may just wander up for a look as I live just behind the boatyard.

LS

Hi

I notice that the auction is not listed on the Davlan web site anymore. I was pretty sure that it was there last weekend. Not sure what that all means

Whichway