Thread: Radio Advertising for Green Zones etc

Thumbs down Radio Advertising for Green Zones etc

Heard an advert on MMM a few minutes ago pushing the EPA line on the new green zones. I wasn't paying attention as I was reversing a trailer at the time but not I think about it I can recall hearing them pushing the EPA line so it was obviously a Govt funded ad. That ups the stake a little doesn't it. Makes the gov't look all warm and fuzzy because they are trying to 'protect' the environment

There was an invitation for submissions at the end of the commercial but who in radio land apart from us fisho's are going to bother to do anything.

Re: Radio Advertising for Green Zones etc

The Greens will be putting in their submissions. They are not happy and want more restrictions put in place
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

The greens don't miss too many opportunities either. When that whale shark was spotted at Flat Rock last week the news mentioned it then played a short grab from a enviromental spokesman. He said how great it was for the shark to come so close to Moreton Bay and how the bay needs protection and 15% is nowhere near enough, 30% is the international standard. Played on FM and AM.
    Last edited by Mike Delisser; 03-02-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    The greens don't miss too many opportunities either. When that whale shark was spotted at Flat Rock last week the news mentioned it then played a short grab from a enviromental spokesman. He said how great it was for the shark to come so close to Moreton Bay and how the bay needs protection and 15% is nowhere near enough, 30% is the internation standard. Played on FM and AM.
    The environmental spokesman was Craig Bohm from the AMCS. We were discussing this very thing at dinner toinight with some friends...if there was a switched on group representing the rec fishos (Sunfish should have that role), then the immediate response would be..if this shark was in this area then there cannot be much wrong with the habitat therefore why try and close it ????

I think we have some switched on people, but we have no single mechanism for response or monitoring of these things. I know I can't run a business, a young family and all of that along with monitoring radios etc.

That is the issue - the anti-fishing/green lobby have a single voice and a single goal. Fishing - even as admitted in the EPA proposal - means different things to different people and thus there is no common cause.

This is how they win, and we lose unless we come together as one regardless of if your individual view on this. Dislike this issue a little or a lot it shouldn't matter - the fact is you dislike it. That is the commonality we have and why we need to drop the attitudes, bury the petty indifferences and stand as "FISHERMAN" together.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    The greens don't miss too many opportunities either. When that whale shark was spotted at Flat Rock last week the news mentioned it then played a short grab from a enviromental spokesman. He said how great it was for the shark to come so close to Moreton Bay and how the bay needs protection and 15% is nowhere near enough, 30% is the internation standard. Played on FM and AM.
    I heard the Premier make a comment on the radio along the lines of how the protection of the Bay is why this shark is here. I believe we're making an impact ... keep up the momentum.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    I think we have some switched on people, but we have no single mechanism for response or monitoring of these things. I know I can't run a business, a young family and all of that along with monitoring radios etc.

That is the issue - the anti-fishing/green lobby have a single voice and a single goal. Fishing - even as admitted in the EPA proposal - means different things to different people and thus there is no common cause.

This is how they win, and we lose unless we come together as one regardless of if your individual view on this. Dislike this issue a little or a lot it shouldn't matter - the fact is you dislike it. That is the commonality we have and why we need to drop the attitudes, bury the petty indifferences and stand as "FISHERMAN" together.
    ok - so what happened after the fallout from the federal election? which 'Fishing Party' is representing us? anyone shed light on this please?

Well the TFP vs The AEC is still in progress. The AFLP is still here however with the work I have been doing I have kept it clear of this discussion to focus on the issue at hand, not what version of a fishing party you support or dont support as I felt this issue is much bigger than petty squabling over party names so I have done 95% of this as just me.

However in saying that I am still an Executive Member and acting as the SEQ spokesperson.
    Cheers,
    Chris

OK, heard the ad again this morning driving the teen crew to hgih school.
    It's a DPI ad about the 'fin fisheries' and they are asking for public submissions and telling about public forums being held. They give the DPI web address and phone number at the end of the ad too.

If my recent experiences with gov't departments is anything to go by, the proposal is more than likely hidden in the draft legislation already released