Thread: Hello from a girl!

Hello from a girl!

Hello all, I'm Simmo AKA Sammy Snappa - I joined this site to learn & improve my skills. I probably won't post too much, being new to this computer thingy (and finding time!) but read a lot of this site to try to learn as much as I can about fishing & boating (LOVE IT!) I have a 6.4 walk-around and hope to gain more experience to venture out to the northern end of Moreton Island - Flinders etc - I am comfortable with all Bay work butI'm not sure to venture out too far yet (being a woman and all that ) Any other sites, ideas on how to learn more would be appreciated. Ta Sammy x

Re: Hello from a girl!

Gday Sammy and welcome to Ausfish. There is definetly no shortage of knowledge in fishing and boating on this site for you to enjoy. Venturing offshore (out of the bay) Will feel like a big step at first but is nothing to be frightened of with careful planning and the right weather. Another suggestion would be to venture from moloolaba as it has deep water access which makes for a safe leave and return. the reefs start only a few k's out and will also give you access to reefs south to caloundra and north to noosa without dealing with shallow sand bars. Tight lines Sammy and dont be afraid to post on your fishing experiences. Or ask questions for info on your boat.
    Regards Wadeo

Welcome Sammy!

Not too many of us girls on here!

I Look forward to reading about your adventures!

Cheers
    Janine

welcome sammy, im sure you wont have too much trouble finding some experienced crew on here if you need them to give you a bit of advice im sure they would jump at the chance. cheers bennykenny

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Hi Sammy,
    There's quite a few of us girls out there who loooooove our fishing & our boats.
    Dont be shy in posting. I find that a lot of the time I want to ask a question, thinking its a bit silly, but find some-one else has asked it already....have learned lots from just reading other members posts on all sorts of topics that I wouldnt normally deal with being an inland fisho.

Cindy