Thread: Brunswick Heads Fishing???

Brunswick Heads Fishing???

Hey everyone i am heading down to Brunswick heads for a couple of days and have no idea about where to fish. Is there a marina or somthing? I am looking at chasing bream and maybe whting on artificials. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Re: Brunswick Heads Fishing???

Gidday Chris,

I'm going there for long weekend...

Info below should be a good start with
    http://www.fishingbyronbay.com/

I probably doing surf fsihing at night time for choppers and day time chase breams or odd trevor at rock wall

Plus don't forget the fishing lic in NSW

you can walk the rock walls around the marina, and up to the river mouth with artificials. Mind you the bream there are the most canny bream you'll find anywhere, especially the one's in the marina at the co-op. I've caught all my bream there on the south wall at the river mouth in the wash with bait. Also tailor there.

If you have a boat theres whiting on flats up near the bridges
    Juzo

Bloody hell old mate how many trains did you have to catch to get there

best place for plastics down there mate is near the co-op right next to the massey green caravan park.

I grew up there and there's plenty of places to fish , you just have to look at the river at low water and you'll see where to chase flathead and there is some monsters in that river , best way to catch a big bream in the harbour is with an unweighted bait and don't be afraid to fish in there at night as the best come after dark on the jetty's, further up the river there is some good jack country that see's the best jack fisherman go home crying over being smashed on 50lb braid by a monster jack afterall it's where the NSW record for jack came from although it was rumoured to have been caught in a net but it went 12.4kg.
    the beaches give some realy good tailor , whiting and a range of other fish as well , the walls at the mouth have given me countless jew up to 55lb.
    the locals there will tell you squat as in where to fish but would rather tell you where to go. ##$@%$##@ off
    fresh bait is always the better option but lures do count for a lot of good fish too.
    hope this helps you some and good luck.
    pickers

Thanks for all the info guys

Chief - Ha ha ha ha sure am glad im not catching the train there, would be quite a trek. Are you interested in the Flattie Classic this year?

I will be most likly trying to go for some Jacks at night time and breamin' in the day at Brusnwick, all the info is appreciated.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pickers View Post
    I grew up there and there's plenty of places to fish , you just have to look at the river at low water and you'll see where to chase flathead and there is some monsters in that river , best way to catch a big bream in the harbour is with an unweighted bait and don't be afraid to fish in there at night as the best come after dark on the jetty's, further up the river there is some good jack country that see's the best jack fisherman go home crying over being smashed on 50lb braid by a monster jack afterall it's where the NSW record for jack came from although it was rumoured to have been caught in a net but it went 12.4kg.
    the beaches give some realy good tailor , whiting and a range of other fish as well , the walls at the mouth have given me countless jew up to 55lb.
    the locals there will tell you squat as in where to fish but would rather tell you where to go. ##$@%$##@ off
    fresh bait is always the better option but lures do count for a lot of good fish too.
    hope this helps you some and good luck.
    pickers

hay mate just wondering where abouts in the river you catch the jacks ive fished that river heaps and no it like that back of my hands but never caught a jack ive caught plenty of monster bream and flathead and good whiting well use to before they did the new bridge but geting better now. and i no what you mean about the local they will tell you shit but i no a some good ones down there that give me some info